Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
KD
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need someone to cut into my downpipe and weld a pipe perpendicularly onto it... the downpipe and other pipe will be supplied and off the car.. i need something similar to this ...

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
First off you dont want to put a cut out before the primary o2 sensor that is a big o'll fail, how is the engine going to get an acurite AF reading?

this is how i have my cut out set up.

I got it done at Whitys exhaust show, the guy u need to talk to is Quintin the phone number is 703-968-0344, they are located in Chantilly.

·
KD
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want the cut out before the the CAT. I will have the cut out open for less then a few minutes at a time so I really dont think it will be that big of a deal, also I plan on moving the primary o2 sensor tobefore the cut out. How much did they charge you ?

·
now on two wheels
6,467 Posts
would you mind explaining why you want it before the cat? and also there is a reason that the o2 sensor is that far from the engine FYI.

·
KD
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i could... but i live in virginia where we have emissions every 2 years... and i could spend 500+ dollars... and I even could get a testpipe and delete the cat...

but im going to stick to my plan, and tell ya'll how it comes out.. thanks tho

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
When i had mine done i also had my highflow cat welded in, 3 o2 bungs, and the cut out, he charges me 250 to do all of that. Even if you do only have it open for a few minutes at a time the o2 sensors will think the car is running lean the minute you open the cut out and will dump more fuel to fix that.

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
like i said im going to move my o2 sensor, and it has been done i believe farfromeinstien or rsxwot did it..
O no dont get me wrong i know it can be done just as long as you do it., its just a matter of getting a new o2 sensor bung welded in and pluging the old one, if i was you i would try to get the cut out welded on at more of angle to try and increase flow a bit better. 90 degrees angles dont provide the best flow path.

If you look at the pics of mine the flow is pretty shitty, im planing on redoing it over the summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts