Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Welding????

Tags
welding
8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Jusight78 
#1 ·
Hey All,

I was looking to make some modifications to my pocket bike and car....I wanted to try a couple things out but to do that i will need to cut some steel and weld some back together.....so i will need some help finding a good welding machine hopefully i can get one with a cutting torch and a welder all in 1 but i am trying to get one at a good price does anyone know where some good but reasonable priced welding machines are?????? Can't wait to get started wait till you see what i have in mind.....

#3 ·
I'm looking into TIG. i researched a couple of different bigger companies but they are a little out of my price range. Then, I came across Longevity. They have a very nice TIG welder, great price as well. I gave them a call and they were very helpful with probably the best warranty out there. I couldn't pass it up. Here's the welder: http://www.longevity-inc.com/welders/tigweld-200sx

#5 ·
Suggest monitoring CraigsList for a while.
GTAW
Any and all kinds of situations show up there.
Be prepared to install a 240 V connection in the shop. Don't even think of 120 V
Fill out any equipment details by developing a relationship with a local distributor/store.
Look for names Lincoln, Miller, Hobart, Fronius

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.