Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding on an on-ramp from a freeway to I-44. The ramp is posted at 40mph. It is a nice, sweeping left, followed by a very short straight section before curving right and merging onto the interstate. I was following a line of cars (Bummer!!!); the one directly in front of me was Jeep SUV. I follow an outside-inside-outside path; most cars seem to hug the inside/center the whole time. I cruised through the left curve, no problem; then as I was moving the left side of the lane to set up for the right curve, the Jeep was in the center/right of the lane and I was easily visible in the driver's side mirror. For some reason, the driver starting braking!! The traffic ahead of us wasn't slowing, and the last thing I needed was to be applying brakes coming out of one curve and setting up for the next one! I wonder if she thought I was trying to pass her? Well, I couldn't wait to get away from her, that's for sure, so as soon as I had zeroed in on my slot on the interstate, I was outta there!

I suppose it's better that she SAW me and did something kind of stupid, than to have NOT seen me and done something really stupid.

·
{~UDP~}
246 Posts
sounds like the person in the jeep was maybe brake checking you perhaps b/c they thought you might have been tailgating them? or they themselves misjudged their speed in that last corner and panic braked. (very dangerous) cant think of any good reason to brake on a merge lane, I am wondering though... did that jeep have Colorado plates on it? I swear the people on the roadways in this state are probably worst drivers in the country and I have seen plenty of people who brake for no apparent reason in the most inopportune times

·
{~UDP~}
246 Posts
Colorado by far surpasses any other state in worst drivers category. I am ashamed to say it being a native but you take the most calm person and put them on a CO highway and they'd lose their shit. plus the roads here...

·
Registered
06 RSX Type S
112 Posts
Texas does not have shitty drivers...it’s just certain dumb people don’t know how to drive...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Colorado by far surpasses any other state in worst drivers category. I am ashamed to say it being a native but you take the most calm person and put them on a CO highway and they'd lose their shit. plus the roads here...
You obviously have never driven in California when it drizzles...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts