Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about 3-4 car lengths behind a bmw and the sun was on my back.

I had a hard time seeing the intentions of the driver of the bmw and he slammed on his brakes because he just overshot his turn. I didnt see that until the last moment and I locked up my from brakes and high sided.

My jeans got caught on the peg and kept me with the bike when in slammed down my left leg. It made me slide for about 15 yards right into the back of the BMW

my daytona is pretty fucked up right now, engine cover is cracked with fluid leaking out, both fairings are cracked, rear seat is broken, mirror is gone, signal is gone and the steering bar is fucked up too, as well as the headlight housing, thats broken open.

My leg is alittle fucked up but THANK GOD i was wearing all the proper gear with the exception of the jeans. I hit face first onto the ground and my left shoulder had armor in it and that took most of the hit.

Guys this happened in a split second so be careful out there.

·
bring it!
840 Posts
Damn bro sorry to hear that. Thank god you are alright though. Hopefully insurance will take care of you and youll be riding again soon.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Oh man, sorry about the bike. But good thing is nothing serious in injury. Sounds like it could been alot worst. Daytona is a sweet bike.

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuck my leg hurts and my bike looks a lot worse than the crash makes it seem

i almost made it to 3,000 miles too

Im still fucking pissed but glad i invested in quality gear

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe, its got more than $3000 in damage from just a quick glance at it probably more though

·
147,303 Posts
Damn dood, good job on buying proper gear though :thumbsup:

I would too...if I was allowed a bike, but due to my moms brother, I can't :(

8,021 Posts
unfortunately in situations like this, it would be his fault. He was 'not maintaining a safe distance' or 'following too closely' and high siding was 'failure to maintain proper/safe control of vehicle'. BMW driver would not be at fault. In many motorcycle accidents, the motorist that caused the accident is almost never at fault. Car pulls out of a driveway in front of a motorcycle and the motorcyclist swerves or lowsides to avoid hitting the car, motorcyclist is at fault. Car changes lanes in front of motorcyclist and brakes causing the motorcyclist to slam on the brakes and flipping over because he panicked, motorcyclist at fault. If youre going to go down because of a stupid cager, at least hit the cager so you wont be completely at fault. lol. Crappy world we live in huh?

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jjm004 said:
does the BMW guy's insurance pay? did he stop and pull over to help you?

actually we have the same insurance and he is accepting some fault to the accident

he and his wife stopped traffic so nobody would run over me from behind.

He was a doctor so he supported my head and checked my pulse and called the police.

The police were fucking assholes though.

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DesertSilverRSX-S said:
unfortunately in situations like this, it would be his fault. He was 'not maintaining a safe distance' or 'following too closely' and high siding was 'failure to maintain proper/safe control of vehicle'. BMW driver would not be at fault. In many motorcycle accidents, the motorist that caused the accident is almost never at fault. Car pulls out of a driveway in front of a motorcycle and the motorcyclist swerves or lowsides to avoid hitting the car, motorcyclist is at fault. Car changes lanes in front of motorcyclist and brakes causing the motorcyclist to slam on the brakes and flipping over because he panicked, motorcyclist at fault. If youre going to go down because of a stupid cager, at least hit the cager so you wont be completely at fault. lol. Crappy world we live in huh?

Ya basically thats why state farm told me but because we have the same insurance agent too, this is going to be pretty painless

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Wow man, sorry to hear about the accident. God bless and have a speedy recovery....then get out there and keep that nice 675 shiney side up :thumbsup:

At least the BMW guy was cool and helped you :)

lat-R

8,021 Posts
hope your insurance process is painless. The car that rear ended me in my accident had the same insurance I did and they did everything they could to NOT pay me. Took 2 years to get money for my injuries

·
LeftyLoosey-RightyTighty
5,591 Posts
DesertSilverRSX-S said:
hope your insurance process is painless. The car that rear ended me in my accident had the same insurance I did and they did everything they could to NOT pay me. Took 2 years to get money for my injuries
Yeah that!!!

·
when in rome
18,627 Posts
you got lucky man.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.