Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
O rly?
209 Posts
I had the Injen SRI before, and I have the AEM CAI on right now. I like the CAI way better.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have aem sri right now and baught the injen cai because you don't have to move the windshield fluid bottle i'll let you kno how it goes

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
I made the jump from injen sri to aem cai. The difference was like night and day. Injen felt good for the first 5 minutes, but after the car warmed up, it felt slower than stock. With the AEM cai, it is a nice power gain which always stays consistent, so there is no poerloss no matter how long you drive.

Make the jump, it's worth it.

6,327 Posts
beatred said:
Hey everyone. I've got a SRI right now and i'm thinking about getting a CAI instead. Are there any base owners that have made the jump from SRI to CAI and actually NOTICED a difference?

Style,Sound and definitely performance,you'll notice CAI in a big way.

9,696 Posts
There's no need to replace the washer bottle for the Injen CAI? Then why are they selling it with the bottle?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I take my CAI off every winter and put a SRI on, i miss my CAI right now thats all i can say! :(

CAI = :thumbsup:

D

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
D Fabulous said:
I take my CAI off every winter and put a SRI on, i miss my CAI right now thats all i can say! :(

CAI = :thumbsup:

D
Hey, how did the sri end up working out for you? did you manage to hook up the O2 sensor okay?

·
Korican
874 Posts
I was planning on making the upgrade too, going from the Injen SRI to their CAI. From the post here, I feel even better about the decision.

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
Peking said:
I was planning on making the upgrade too, going from the Injen SRI to their CAI. From the post here, I feel even better about the decision.
Yea, i assure you, you won't regret it. It is definately worth the upgrade :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
LeaD_FooT said:
Hey, how did the sri end up working out for you? did you manage to hook up the O2 sensor okay?
Yup just poked a hole in the rubber elbow piece and found out where the bracket goes, the filter was alil f'd up that u sent me it was like rusted, but otherwise everything is good! thanks!

D

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
D Fabulous said:
Yup just poked a hole in the rubber elbow piece and found out where the bracket goes, the filter was alil f'd up that u sent me it was like rusted, but otherwise everything is good! thanks!

D
Yea, i thought the filter would need replacing. It said washable, but i gess the lower quality ones are better to replace all together. I'm glad it's all working for you though!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Guys i received my cai looks good i was wondering did you need to remove the battery for the install because it says that you do. ANybody done it before?

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
serge1984 said:
Guys i received my cai looks good i was wondering did you need to remove the battery for the install because it says that you do. ANybody done it before?
i didn't have to for my intake. I had to relocate the windshield bottle to the passenger's side though

·
Registered
185 Posts
yea but with the injen cai you don't have to do that u just have to replace the stock one with the injen one and thats it . They provide a smaller windshield fluid bottle

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
yea, it's a lot easier than the aem. I was thinking of getting just the injen washer bottle, but i couldn't find it for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Got the intake installed finally today!! Took about 2 hours in the shop but it was worth it. The car drives much smoother and you can defenetly feel the improvement over the sri. The only thing i'm worried about is the opening in the fender if anything will get in there and the filter seems pretty open to get dust and damaged easily i dunno. But other then that it's good

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
am thinkin bout doing this also...i have a Injen SRI (actually from a type-s,heh,made it fit)...and might wanna get a AEM CAI... how does it sound? and how much more hp gain?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts