Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to acura today.. everything was good when i got there.. I just needed them to do some stuff with my car cause my car wasnt running right.. anyways.. everything was good.. until i looked at my driver side side skirt.. cracked like a bitch.. :( so sad..

PS.. will get pics up as soon as i take some :p

·
cheeto dusted!
5,057 Posts
So i went to acura today.. everything was good when i got there.. I just needed them to do some stuff with my car cause my car wasnt running right.. anyways.. everything was good.. until i looked at my driver side side skirt.. cracked like a bitch.. :( so sad..

PS.. will get pics up as soon as i take some :p
??:confused: wat you do to your car?

·
Registered
362 Posts
The only times where you should go back to the dealership is:

1. Your first two free oil changes.
2. Bitching at them when something under warranty is broken.

·
Skeet Skeet...
2,394 Posts
People who work at dealerships can care less how they drive your car
True, and they don't care how well they WASH your car after your service...

·
I'll never fall in line
2,069 Posts
will probably act like your side skirt was cracked when you brought it in.
Yeah, you have no proof they cracked the side skirt. I always walk around the car with the service rep and agree on no damage on the car before signing anything for any work done on the car (with it stating no damage on car on the slip with the service rep signing it as well).

Learn that from a friend of mine, he had a side skirt damaged during an oil change and they said it was there when he dropped it off, $200+ dollars later his side skirt was fixed.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Yeah, you have no proof they cracked the side skirt. I always walk around the car with the service rep and agree on no damage on the car before signing anything for any work done on the car (with it stating no damage on car on the slip with the service rep signing it as well).

Learn that from a friend of mine, he had a side skirt damaged during an oil change and they said it was there when he dropped it off, $200+ dollars later his side skirt was fixed.
That's a really good idea! I'll have to remember that if I ever HAVE to take my car to the dealership. I've had bad experiences from my dealership since I got the car. When I bought the car it was pouring down the rain, so I didn't really get the chance to go over the car with a magnifying glass or anything and it was still wrapped in plastic...well I looked at my car the next day and there were two scratches about 6 inches long on the bottom of the rear bumper. The way these scratches were, it couldn't have been from me running over anything or anybody running into me. I assume it was from transporting the car to the dealership. I took the car up to the dealership and told them I wanted it fixed and they acted like I was trying to rip them off. They said that those scratches weren't there when they sold the car to me:rolleyes: and refused to do anything about it.:thumbsdow Such great customer service for someone who just bought a brand new car there the previous day!

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha.. well anyways.. skirt wasnt that bad looking.. but they are coverering the skirt so no worries ^_^!! but yeah.. if i ever go back.. which will be my next oil change ill be sure to tell him that there was no damage on my car.. :) FREE OIL CHANGES FOR LIFE... :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
i work at bmw and we do a walk around on every car when it comes in with the customer and make them sign the sheet with all the damage on it. we take care of the cars good as shit where i work but acura couldnt care less i went for service and was like wtf. Damn valet was gasin the shit outta my car and they didnt do a walk around or anything. What i would do is tell them to go through there security camera tapes because almost every dealership has them all over so if anything happens it gets cought on tape. Theres ur evidence right there all's you need is a picture of u comming in with a nice sideskirt and you leaving with a broken one.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol my friends work for the nissan dealership down by my house.. never will i ask em to detail for me.. haha.. one time when we had to leave i was like shit man this car looks clean.. just wet the back end a little and we'll clean the windows a little haha.. so fun ^_^

1 - 18 of 18 Posts