Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
06-S Stealthy & Quick
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to install my Blueprint Stage 2 cams and bp springs/retainers today. I had also purchased their 05-06 seat/seal/keeper combo for use with aftermarket springs to avoid loose valves per the differences in keeper angle ratios that 04-06 type-s's have.

So i am ready to get everything going when we start checking the boxes for springs/retainers and keeper setwhich were unopened since I had only looked at the camshafts thinking everything would be there.
All springs/retainers were there good to go, now on to keepers box: keepers r good to go, seats r good to go, seals r NOT good to go cuz I only have 8!!! i was like wtf!!

! woke up early for install and everything grrrrrrr..... so now they need to send me the 8 additional valvestem seals that were supposed to be included delaying my cam installation. Sorry for the rant but i'm pissed!! :firemad:

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,240 Posts
I guess they forgot one set, the intake and exhaust seals are different.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ah man that sucks, dont let it get to you though youl be happy with the cams.

·
06-S Stealthy & Quick
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i know i'ma be damn happy with them i was just mad happy i was finally going to put them in, oh well i need them to hurry up and open shop so i they can send me the missing seals.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Damn *****, that's fucked up, you'll b alright...try to get that done b4 the 16th though,aight ***** I'll hit you up lata

·
frank and beans!
1,916 Posts
I thought they are all the same
nope. exhaust seals have a darker colored spring around the stem seal. The exhaust seals can be used on the intake, but not vice versus. Exhaust seals are designed to take more heat. I just use the correct one for each side.

·
Friend of Slipknot
4,129 Posts
Honestly, with a mistake like that and as long as you have your order sheet plus invoice stating that they are supposed to be in the box, I would ask to be compensated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts