Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 02 type s & in need of new coilovers , need to get an idea of what’s the best that can take bumps on the road with out it sounding like the end of the world every time I hit a little bump

·
Registered
497 Posts
I just recently bought a 02 type s & in need of new coilovers , need to get an idea of what’s the best that can take bumps on the road with out it sounding like the end of the world every time I hit a little bump
Are you lowering or tuning up the suspension? Then Progress if you're on a budget. KW if you can afford it. You'll find many opinions here. Those are my recommendations based on tons of research and firsthand use.

If you're daily driving the thing and looking for OEM replacement, go KYB.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: emerica9110

·
Registered
184 Posts
all coilovers prefer to not be involved with potholes nor speed bumps. if you live in a neighborhood with speedbumps, well do not use those roads.

seriously... what always baffles me is how long will a coilover last compared to OEM DD? i would say the coilover is for someone that is not planning on being on bumpy poor roads with retarded speed bumps or potholes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dailyed used Tein street advance Zs that I got in high school for 6 years until they violently popped on every moderate sized bump lol.. Upgraded to Tein Flex Zs and they’re so worth the money. Literally feels like a brand new sports car the way it handles now over bumps. Very oem feel but more rigid, not too stiff. I also put all new ball joints, tie rods, and control arm bushings in though. That stuff makes a big difference. However I will say they’re not for you if you want to go super low.

·
Registered
184 Posts
another perception.

take SCAA/NASA schooling. you will find out Tein's basic model will serve you just fine on the street. in fact you will never max out the basic units on public roadways. you just can't pull the G's unless you are flying off a Jersey Wall or jumping off an exit ramp like i did driving road course speeds.

tracks are prepped to get a top coilover unit it's money's worth...

just get a basic model, BC Racing, Tein ( I had tein before), like Chromesteel said, do new extended ball joints, tie rods, etc. some trackers will tell you to wait to install suspension arm bushings or spherical bearings until driving the car on the coilovers with most suspension done. if you go too hard, the car will feel like a pothole rolling over a dime.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,623 Posts
another perception.

take SCAA/NASA schooling. you will find out Tein's basic model will serve you just fine on the street. in fact you will never max out the basic units on public roadways. you just can't pull the G's unless you are flying off a Jersey Wall or jumping off an exit ramp like i did driving road course speeds.

tracks are prepped to get a top coilover unit it's money's worth...

just get a basic model, BC Racing, Tein ( I had tein before), like Chromesteel said, do new extended ball joints, tie rods, etc. some trackers will tell you to wait to install suspension arm bushings or spherical bearings until driving the car on the coilovers with most suspension done. if you go too hard, the car will feel like a pothole rolling over a dime.
I second this. I have the basic Teins. They're fine for street driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts