Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It all started with my wife and I deciding to get some rims and skins for her RSX this weekend. We went to a local tire center chain and picked out some 17" Enkei RSV's in the Anthracite color. The sales dude then showed us some tires, I explained that we wanted decent summer tires, and he pointed out some Toyo Proxes FZ4's, telling me that they were close to top shelf summer tires. Due to my ignorance I believed that they were and we purchased them, but they could not be installed, since they had to get the rims from another store, so we set up an early Monday morning install. So on Sunday I decide to double check this sales dudes choice in tires for me and after a little research I find that they aren't even summer tires they are all-seasons. So, Monday morning comes and I get to the store and ask this guy why he picked all-seasons for me, instead of the summer treads I had requested. He got all defensive, telling me that I didn't know what I was talking about, etc... So I whip out the trusty print out of the specs I pulled off the internet and asked him to read what it said, he ignored me and went to help another customer, I persisted, and he said under his breath "he don't know who he's dealing with", to which I replied "what d*ckhead". No sooner had I finished my comeback, did he reach over the counter and grab and rip my shirt in a store full of customers and fellow employees. He started yelling how he would kick my a*s, etc.., as he was dragged out by his coworkers. Needless to say I was in a state of shock, and laughing at the same time, knowing how costly his mistake would be to the store. The manager of course apoligized 1,000 fold for his actions and asked if their was anything that could be done, which of course there was. I walked out with upgraded tires (Toyo T1S's) and the rims installed w/road hazzard protection which should have cost over $1400 for $845 :D Have you ever heard of such a crazy day at a tire center before reading this?

·
Registered
134 Posts
haha cool!!!! i hope his ass is fired...what kinda customer service is dat?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Essentially I did get the tires for free. :thumbsup: It was worth it for sure, I'm sure they're entire staff will be having a meeting about proper sales etiquette very soon. The best part about this whole thing was how he had told me how he wished he could afford an RSX, which I doubt that will ever happen if he continues to throw little boy tantrums, losing his job and all. :laughing:

·
Car Is Sold!
1,994 Posts
Hmmmm, kinda scarey... I'd sue for emotional trama. Plus the t-shirt which was a one-of-a-kind from your honeymoon vacation. Thinking in my head, CN stage 2 turbo, intercooler, K-pro, list goes on..... Anyway, just watch the car cause if he was an immature person, he may get revenge on the car.... Hate people like that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lucky for me I'm in a high profile area, plus I've got survailance cameras watching our cars, you can never be to careful. Anywho, what do you guys think of the RIM/Skin combo I got from all this drama?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It was a 29.99 Polo short sleeve button down. Not to big of a deal, the money I saved on the Rims/Skins ($500) more than makes up for it. :thumbsup: Plus, knowing that he was going to be getting married soon (he told me while I was paying for the initial package on Saturday), is more than enough for me. Knowing that his fiancé knows he is a one of a kind "Jobless Loser". :laughing:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.