Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The venom kit is around $1399. That's insane to pay for a nitrous kit. The zex kit is for beginners. They are both dry (only sprays nitrous) into your intake manifold. The ZEX kit is easy to install and easy to use. I had it but i hated it. It doesn't make the power that it claims to make. I have the Nitrious express kit now. It is a wet (nitrous and fuel) kit. It works GREAT!

·
Roody poo candy ass
303 Posts
What about Venom or ZEX?

I was reading in some import magazine (honda tuning or something) about other nitrous oxide systems from companies such as Venom performance and ZEX, are these as good or better than the NOS system? The Venom performance system looked amazing (www.venom-performance.com). It came with a CD-ROM that allows you to program whether you want an automatic injection or spcific amounts of N2O according to your engine status (for the people who really know what they're doing) into the in-dash control unit. What are some of the differences, which one should I get if one day I considered buying one for my RSX?

Thanks.

·
Roody poo candy ass
303 Posts
Thanks alot guys for the info.
By the way, do you lose the warranty on the engine if you have nitrous installed? If so I guess it'll be a while before I consider something like this, unless it would be very low-risk. The ZEX kit doesn't sound all that bad. I'm looking for something inexpensive, easy to install, easy to use, and so what if it won't give me like a 30000hp shot? I'm just looking for something decent, and that won't hurt the engine. Also I'd probably do alot more engine/tire mods before I considered nitrous.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A nitrous install will void out your warranty. I think you should get rims and tires first. I think the RSX-S is fast enough for now. When you go nitrous, you will have to have at least an intake and colder spark plugs. headers/exhaust/wires are also needed.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can run nitrous on an all stock engine with no problems assuming a 50 shot. the more you spray the more you will want to do with the engine. colder plugs are the first step, then a header and exhaust, then perhaps ignition and fuel system improvements. depending on the car you are looking at up to a 100 shot by now....any more and you might want to start considering pistons/rods for a 4 cylinder...

·
Roody poo candy ass
303 Posts
I've seen one of those Nitrous express EFI kits on sale at ebay.

Item #593933991
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593933991

It's cheap, like a hundred bucks starting bid. Is this too good to be true? If they're as safe, easy to use and as effective as you say, then I should get this one right now and keep it for later, right?

What do you guys recommend?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ANACC2NV said:
the best and safest kit out there is the Notrous Express kit!!!! and its a decent price too....
dude, stop preaching nx. zex is known to be the easiest to install, and the safest kit due to the fact that you CANNOT spray the nitrous unless you're at wide open throttle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts