Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I want to get an exhaust that will be able to handle well w/ turbo. I just want to see what exhaust u guys are running w/ turbo so i have an ideal of what choices I have.

Plz post what exhaust u are using w/ turbo and how'd u feel abt it.
THANK YOU!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I got an apexi N1 turbo muffler with custom 3" mandrel bent stainless steel piping. It is a big improvement over my previous 2 1/4 inch exhaust. Faster spooling and a LOT more spooling potential. Before I was topping out at 17 psi in 4th gear. Now I can hit 20 psi in 2nd gear. I'm running the 60-1 btw.

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EternalRSX said:
I got an apexi N1 turbo muffler with custom 3" mandrel bent stainless steel piping. It is a big improvement over my previous 2 1/4 inch exhaust. Faster spooling and a LOT more spooling potential. Before I was topping out at 17 psi in 4th gear. Now I can hit 20 psi in 2nd gear. I'm running the 60-1 btw.
Is the exhaust pretty loud?
But i heard w/ turbo, it's suppose to quiet down due to the blades in the turbocharger.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty loud, but a good loud. Only time I get annoyed with it is on the highway during long trips. Getting the thermal would make it quieter than my setup cause i'm running straight through 3" piping from turbo back. No cat, resonators, and the muffler is just fiberglass packed.

·
BOOST
1,606 Posts
eternal, would your setup be loud on ANY stage 1? For some reason I was thinking that setup wouldn't be loud. I currently have stage 1, and I have stock exhaust... would getting a new exhaust give me more power? i did dyno at 306 with stock exhaust... thanks.

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
If you get a custom 3" or so exhaust, you would free up tons of power. The stock exhaust is too restrictive for the turbo and is keepin you from optimal power.

·
BOOST
1,606 Posts
CN said it didnt matter that much... i doubt im gonna free up that much power, seeing how I have one of the highest hp stage 1's and i have my exhaust.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
i got the thermal 3''.. not on the car yet :( its huge though

·
Registered
438 Posts
ecks said:
eternal, would your setup be loud on ANY stage 1? For some reason I was thinking that setup wouldn't be loud. I currently have stage 1, and I have stock exhaust... would getting a new exhaust give me more power? i did dyno at 306 with stock exhaust... thanks.
Well since you have that much power for a stage 1, it's really up to you. It will definitely free up some power though, and make throttle response better. Gotta warn you though, running a straight through 3" is gonna be loud with no resonators. I'm used to my exhaust now, but if you don't like droning on long trips, might as well stay with ur stockie.

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
i too just like eternalRSX have the Apexi N1 Turbo muffler with 3" piping and have the same complains, on the highway and long drives it kinda sucks but then i just turn the radio up that much more :D

·
Bitch where's my Money!
844 Posts
aznbeayst said:
i got the thermal 3''.. not on the car yet :( its huge though
want to let me use it untill you turbo your car? :laughing:

im ganna get my exhaust done pretty soon.......havent driven it much yet but boost is :thumbsup:

·
1st Boosted RSX in DFW
529 Posts
Ive got a blitz nur spec 80"(inlet) with custom piping.... Does the job great..

·
BOOST
1,606 Posts
joejoe3 said:
Yea that's a intresting one... i always liked that exhaust...

btw ecks, what's your setup that enables you to put down 306hp w/ CN1? that's amazing!

LOL, nothing... I have the normal kit... no exhaust.... it was 306whp at 10psi...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts