Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i am debating whether i am going to buy an aem v2 intake or not. I was just wondering if anyone has run with just a v2 on their car and if so what times were you running. From what I have read u can run a mid 14 with a cold air intake and a decent driver. The aem website has the v2 dynoed making more hp then their cold air intake so i was just curious. Thanks

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
see sig :)

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Last wednesday I saw 2 base RSX 5 speed hitting 15.6 with a V2.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
ryantypes said:
From what I have read u can run a mid 14 with a cold air intake and a decent driver. The aem website has the v2 dynoed making more hp then their cold air intake so i was just curious. Thanks
Thats just marketing BS, so u will buy their intake. Heatsoak will still own u no matter what.

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Yay for those who don't understand how the V2 works:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
V2 works with pulses of air more so then it does w/ cold air, so heat is not going to be as big a factor. Plus the install of the V2 is kids play compared to installing a CAI.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
CAI is about an hour longer than the V2. Serious.. You can totally install a CAI with no car knowledge in about 2 hours. I did. The only pain was taking off the stock airbox (which you will have getting the v2) and routing the CAI so it does not rub against your shift linkage.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
azeppelinfan said:
V2 works with pulses of air more so then it does w/ cold air, so heat is not going to be as big a factor. Plus the install of the V2 is kids play compared to installing a CAI.
right.....that's why our V2's are making same hp as Injen/AEM CAI's......*end sarcasm*

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
azeppelinfan said:
:rotfl: keep telling yourself that. Drive ur car for about an hour non stop, then drive a car with CAI and u will notice the difference. I have the Neuspeed P-Flo it has a big heatshield on it, and I can still feel the lack of performance on humid conditions.

Like I said its marketing bullsh*t ur still sucking air from the inside of the Engine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
azeppelinfan said:
:rotfl: keep telling yourself that. Drive ur car for about an hour non stop, then drive a car with CAI and u will notice the difference. I have the Neuspeed P-Flo it has a big heatshield on it, and I can still feel the lack of performance on humid conditions.

Like I said its marketing bullsh*t ur still sucking air from the inside of the Engine. :thumbsup:

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
:rotfl: I drive for hours at a time and I don't notice ANY lack of performance! So, perhaps you should come take a ride with the V2? Yo no se mi amigo...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Acuraivtec said:

Neuspeed Intakes blow, over priced and poor quality. And anyways, I was thinking of getting a hood custom made w/ a vent that would be more or less over the throttle linkage and get some fresh air to the V2.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
naw don't bother custom hood. just buy a cheapo hood and cut a rectangular hole in the right place, buy one of those ebay hood scoops, screw it on there. then build a box around the filter and route it so it makes a seal with the underside of the hood.
make sure you leave a drain hole or something in the box though. do a DIY guide and let's see the results :p

hehe only if u can get a cheapo hood though. don't cut up a nice hood just for that.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
azeppelinfan said:
Neuspeed Intakes blow, over priced and poor quality. And anyways, I was thinking of getting a hood custom made w/ a vent that would be more or less over the throttle linkage and get some fresh air to the V2.
Overpriced yes, but I got mine for 135.00 bucks off e-bay :laughing: Oh does it work ? well from my experience my car ran a best of 15.1 stock and average the worst 15.3 , and with the neuspeed p-flo 14.8 is my best so thats about .300 a second off my time, and an average of 14.9 - 15.0 flat.

I am not keeping the intake for long since CAI will get me to mid 15's so I am gonna sell it, and for poor quality actually no, the intake is fine and it looks good on the motor.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
RyuRSX said:
:rotfl: I drive for hours at a time and I don't notice ANY lack of performance! So, perhaps you should come take a ride with the V2? Yo no se mi amigo...
do about 5 straight runs with ur V2 at the track then talk. And tell me if ur 1320's are not getting higher and higher each run. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts