Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· I can drive up your rsx
19,842 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows if Sams Club uses a high grade gas. I fill up with their premium 91 octane and save alot with being a sams club member but I dont know if this gas is cheap or just as good as Mobile, Shell, 76???
Thats a hard one to answer.

· Social Distortion fan....
1,952 Posts
Our Sam's Club here in Hawaii doesn't sell gas yet :( :pray:

Costco sells gas here but they don't have Premium unleaded 91 octane :shady:

Do either of those places sell 91 octane where you guys are from? :)

· Firefighter/Paramedic
4,698 Posts
there is s site somewhere that tells about the top 10 gasses... I use shell. I know BP (amoco) is on there, and I think phillips is too? not sure. Those companies use better filters and addatives or something...

Shell is cheap in my town anyway, so Icant think of a good reason not to buy it.

· Retired OG
60,317 Posts
I saw a special on the history channel on Gas, and they said all gas is the same, the only way it is different is once it is in their trucks if they add their own additives.

Because the pipeline system is not owned by one company so if they put in 5000 gallons of gas at one point and then need to take out 5000 gallons across the country, they dont need to wait the 4 days it takes for the gas to ge tthere, they just take what is at the end of the pipeline at the time.

All gas is the same.

· slam dem gears
162 Posts
why do some companies have 91 for premium and others 93? I hate when I pull up to a pump and they dont have 93 octane. it upsets me!!!!

· Registered
4,725 Posts
why do some companies have 91 for premium and others 93? I hate when I pull up to a pump and they dont have 93 octane. it upsets me!!!!
we only really NEED 91 but I hear ya, I always use 93 cept those few 91 times I'm not too happy about.

so flame me if you must but this is along the same lines...

if you have 1/2 a gallon of 89 and 1/2 a gallon of 93 and you mix them, do you have a gallon of 91?

· Lick me
581 Posts

the Hawaii store's sales are great (i work at sam's club)... hehe i'm jealous.

· 997 C4S
6,402 Posts

Costco Iwilei sells 91. It's not some generic fuel either, it's the Aloha-brand gasoline (they're a top tier fuel company).

As for Sam's club, just hang out near the lot one day and see what tanker pulls into the lot. Maybe even call the store directly and they might be able to give you that info.

· Social Distortion fan....
1,952 Posts
Costco Iwilei sells 91. It's not some generic fuel either, it's the Aloha-brand gasoline (they're a top tier fuel company).

Thanks for the info Keith. :thumbsup: :bow:
It's been awhile since I checked out the gas station at the Iwilei Costco.

Although I doubt I'll ever gas there since it's outta my way and Chevron is close by my house.

· 'S' on my chest
2,775 Posts
I saw a special on the history channel on Gas, and they said all gas is the same, the only way it is different is once it is in their trucks if they add their own additives.

Because the pipeline system is not owned by one company so if they put in 5000 gallons of gas at one point and then need to take out 5000 gallons across the country, they dont need to wait the 4 days it takes for the gas to ge tthere, they just take what is at the end of the pipeline at the time.

All gas is the same.
That is correct.:bow:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.