Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, sry i couldnt find nething when i searched but i was just wondering of anyone knew what body kits would give me the most downforce?

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Unless your piling down a straightaway into a hairpin turn, hehe, then you'll know.. otherwise, it depends on purpose, but i would hope wings west kit is the least aerodynamic for downforce :rollseyes: take off!

·
28,748 Posts
You won't notice a difference, but Mugen does it for sure, i'm pretty sure C-West does, and maybe Veilside, Top Secret, Ings and ChargeSpeed 2.

·
What are you made of...
22,072 Posts
Not much use of downforce in our cars since it FWD

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,812 Posts
If you want more downforce, just put your hand out the window and point it downwards..you will get downforce. I dont want you getting a bodykit and then telling people, "this gives me more downforce." They're going to be like :rolleyes:, laugh at your ass and call you some ricer. Why the hell are you judging bodykits by downforce. Judge them for flow, shape, aggressiveness, etc. But why the hell downforce? But if you are in the process of converting your car to RWD, disregard this whole post. :blah:

·
Registered
177 Posts
toxicvtec said:
If you want more downforce, just put your hand out the window and point it downwards..you will get downforce. I dont want you getting a bodykit and then telling people, "this gives me more downforce." They're going to be like :rolleyes:, laugh at your ass and call you some ricer. Why the hell are you judging bodykits by downforce. Judge them for flow, shape, aggressiveness, etc. But why the hell downforce? But if you are in the process of converting your car to RWD, disregard this whole post. :blah:

I could go into the physics of a fwd car still utilizes downforce, but you are obviously to smart for that! :rolleyes:

As far as I know the Mugen is the only one that has seen wind tunnel testing!

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,812 Posts
BlueSleeper said:
I could go into the physics of a fwd car still utilizes downforce, but you are obviously to smart for that! :rolleyes:

As far as I know the Mugen is the only one that has seen wind tunnel testing!
I never said that a FWD car doenst need downforce. So dont make up words and put them in my mouth.

Yeah Im in aerospace engineeer major and most likely know much more about airflow than you. In fact, i am also a believer that the Type R wing is functional and actually adds downforce. I will be testing the Type R wing in our windtunnel at my school next year or so. But i dont go around judging a bodykit by which has the most downforce. The only reason this guy would ever need downforce is IF he is going to do some crazy high speed racing on a circuit track. I doubt he is...

·
zoom zoom
2,027 Posts
BRAISKI said:
Not much use of downforce in our cars since it FWD
i think ur only thinking rear downforce, which is where wings come in. fwd cars can benefit from downforce in the front.

·
Kompressor
9,596 Posts
right, but the only reason you would need a wing on a RWD car is the lack of weight.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
mugen is the only oneI know that is fully functional..

·
Registered
61 Posts
all the dude asked was a question,why is it so hard for people on this fourm to just give an answer without having to be a dick....and i think it's more rice getting a body kit beacuse it makes your car look "agressive". if anything he is in the right direction as to wanting to know which one produces the most down force. so to answer your question to my best ability, i know the veilside kit is tested in the wind tunnel,dont know about the others....

·
Slow and FWD
1,755 Posts
forget downforce. get what looks agressive and stylish. the mugen is the most aerodynamic from what i've been hearing though and it looks the best too :thumbsup:

·
zoom zoom
2,027 Posts
simsim said:
right, but the only reason you would need a wing on a RWD car is the lack of weight.
i guess u could put it that way, but u "need" a wing on a RWD because RWDs have a tendency to oversteer especially in high powered applications. downforce keeps the rear planted, therefore minimizing the effects of oversteer. also in general, a wing serves to stabilize a car going high speeds.

to answer the question of the thread, sorry i dont know which kit offers the most downforce. but i've only heard about the mugen kit, as mentioned, being tested in a wind tunnel.

·
the anti type-r spoiler
1,641 Posts
i think the oem kit has some functionality, i can't remember which acura source quoted on this. but imo the front lip looks like its directing air up and away and pushing down on the front while the skirts help keep air from routing in at high speeds. maybe lowering the car helps more because theres less space underneath the car for air to enter and route through. i still haven't been able to figure out what the rubber triangular pieces on the back of the optional sideskirts are for, if i can find a pic i'll post it

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I think those plastic peices at the rear of the sideskirt help direct air out and away from the wheels reducing drag.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
the fronts that have a 45 deg anlgle give more tha the straight air dam shapes. With the oem front I dropped my intake temp by ~3 degs also.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts