Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so to make a long story short i press the passenger power window button to let the window go up and it would just stay down so ... i took off the door panel and it turns out to be that the clips that hold the window are not holding it . so i went to the acura dealership and they told me i needed a new window because the clips come screwed on it . the price for the window $215 then $115 for labor right now im pretty much broke now that school just started . what can i do ...

·
Registered
23,481 Posts
unless you can let it sit in the garage for awhile id borrow some cash or put it on a credit card.... or trashbag that ish..

its not like a rattle you can live with, you kind of need to roll your window up

·
If you can ge the window up manually put a few poles or something to support it up. Otherwise grab a glad bag because like andyyrsx said "you kind of need to roll your window up"

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can ge the window up manually put a few poles or something to support it up. Otherwise grab a glad bag because like andyyrsx said "you kind of need to roll your window up"

the window is up its just that it wont go down

·
Is it still under warranty milage? That seems to be an odd damage you have unless you bang or push something wrong messing around the panel

·
X-Box Tag: bjsecoy
1,244 Posts
I have the same problem with my driver side window. I temporarily fixed it by using some epoxy to hold the glass in the clips, but now the clips broke. It's a stupid design. As for the clips being screwed in, they are full of crap. They are just held in with some pink adhesive.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
I took my car in for some work. I told them the passenger side window was squeeking... they told me the same exact thing. Window clip went bad. Can't just clip, need to change the whole window. Mine was still under warranty luckily. But they wouldn't cover my window tint... so it still cost me like $50 bucks to get my window retinted afterwards.

·
1,244 Posts
This is such a stupid thing to break. I'm losing faith in Acura because it seems at least once a week something else stupid breaks and my wife is getting pissed I'm spending so much money on my car, but her VW has never had a single problem.

*window clips broke
*hazard lights don't work
*air vent broke
*struts went bad after on 40k miles.
*dome light broke but fuse and bulb are fine
*SRS light is driving me NUTS!!!

·
1,244 Posts
replacing the window is easy, but that's expensive. I'm trying to find a way to attach clips to my existing glass so I save money but not spending $190 for a new window, and $40 to get it re-tinted. That's $150 repair for a stupid design. There has to be another way to rig it long enough to pass inspection.

·
cheeto dusted!
5,057 Posts
i just bought a used OEM window on ebay for 40$ just like new and took 15mins to install and get everything bak together.

·
Sixth Street ***gers
324 Posts
I have the same problem with my driver side window. I temporarily fixed it by using some epoxy to hold the glass in the clips, but now the clips broke. It's a stupid design. As for the clips being screwed in, they are full of crap. They are just held in with some pink adhesive.
I'm having the same prob with my driver side window and i dont know what to do, epoxy it or buy a new window. i have to open my door to talk to people when i'm driving or pay tolls, it sucks balls.

·
Registered
565 Posts
oh em gee crsx cops! yes a 3 yr bump because this is a 9 yr old problem apparently w our cars.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
:inoutfuu:

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
oh em gee crsx cops! yes a 3 yr bump because this is a 9 yr old problem apparently w our cars.
if your post had contributed to this 3 year old thread nobody would care. but it didnt.

:gtfo:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts