Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently got misfiring code on all four cylinders. i am assuming that it's spark plug problem since i am using stock plugs for about month and a half with greddy turbo. also i hear lots of bass nose on exhaust when it's idling. like boom, boom, boom. what causes that? i spool up my turbo all the time but never actually go pass vtec. well sometimes i do but i dun go high rpm often usually stays under 5k rpm. any suggestion can help. thanks!

·
Old San Diego Member
4,063 Posts
misfires are caused my premature spark. read up on it some more and you will know. basically, the cylinder is too hot and combusts the gas/oxy mix before it is time to.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Deaconf19 said:
misfires are caused my premature spark. read up on it some more and you will know. basically, the cylinder is too hot and combusts the gas/oxy mix before it is time to.
????????????

The name "mis-fire" should lend you some clue, one hopes.

Mis-fire means the cylinder DID NOT fire as intended, or experienced an incomplete ignition.

You described a "PRE-IGNITION" and not a mis-fire.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
madkimchi said:
i just recently got misfiring code on all four cylinders. i am assuming that it's spark plug problem since i am using stock plugs for about month and a half with greddy turbo. also i hear lots of bass nose on exhaust when it's idling. like boom, boom, boom. what causes that? i spool up my turbo all the time but never actually go pass vtec. well sometimes i do but i dun go high rpm often usually stays under 5k rpm. any suggestion can help. thanks!
Re-gap the plugs. Your OE plug gaps are too wide for the electricity to jump the gap.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
You will need a plug that is one step colder than stock, and make sure the gap is .028-.032.....try it at .032 first, if you experience any knock and/or mis fire DTC's P0300-P0304, re-gap closer to the .028 side. I am speaking from absolute experience, i actually own a Turbo RSX.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of spark plugs i should get? i am thinking getting greddy 13000077 which is iridium iso 7. also how do i gap them? just get a gap measuring thing and bend the metal?

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
madkimchi said:
what kind of spark plugs i should get? i am thinking getting greddy 13000077 which is iridium iso 7. also how do i gap them? just get a gap measuring thing and bend the metal?
NGK v-power racing part number R56729-8

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
RsxVengeance said:
NGK v-power racing part number R56729-8
I dont know about those. I just put them in my car and they defintly did not work.. Its cold where I live right now but I would defintly say to go with a 7 heat range.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
Go with the GREddy plugs....they work good from what i hear. I am getting a pair soon. I am currently running Denso iridium IK22's at .028 gap. I get some knock at low RPM's on 93 octane, so i am switching to the GReddy plugs (NGK).

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
p220 said:
the greddy plugs do not require gapping.
i am definatly getting greddy. just cuz that i dun have to gap it. hahaha. now where can i find greddy spark plugs online for cheap?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you have to order them through an authorized greddy dealer... they are not cheap.. I actually couldnt belive how expensive they were. o well.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
they are about $30 each i think. yes that's expensive as hell for plugs but u get what u pay for. try a search on www.froogle.com
You get what you pay for?

Hey man, i have a couple of top of the line ball point pens. I will sell them too you for 50 bucks each. How many do you want? Just remember, they must be good pens because they cost 50 bucks right?

You take the saying "you get what you pay for" way to serious. The Greddy plugs may be good plugs, but you can get other plugs out there for ALOT cheaper, with the same quality, or better.

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
ok kiss my ass troll. i was providing info to madkimchi. do u have a greddy turbo? ok if not, then u don't know of the problems people were having with their kits. if it takes some extra cash to get the kit running perfectly then i would be happy to spend it. the price is retail son, they can be found cheaper. if u don't have any useful info then stfu there's no need for your snide ass remarks.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stfu swordcrowned if you don't answer or sugesstion to the topic go away we don't need you here.

i think greddy plugs are $20 each. i checked it out on greddy site. i am bout to make some calls today. i switched mine out yesterday with old plugs that i used for nos. damn that almost fucked up my car. it was running horrible. now i am back to stocks for now. weird thing is that car is extremely smooth and i dun get why i am getting misfire. but yea i am definately getting greddy.

oh one more question. what is that bass noise that i am hearing from exhaust. normal?

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
It depends what kind of noise you're talking about. I know when i was misfiring I would get a deep tone/rattle from the engine bay under heavy load. Without hearing it, it could be alot of things. Do the plugs first, then trouble shoot from there. Make sure they are super snug too.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
madkimchi said:
stfu swordcrowned if you don't answer or sugesstion to the topic go away we don't need you here.

i think greddy plugs are $20 each. i checked it out on greddy site. i am bout to make some calls today. i switched mine out yesterday with old plugs that i used for nos. damn that almost fucked up my car. it was running horrible. now i am back to stocks for now. weird thing is that car is extremely smooth and i dun get why i am getting misfire. but yea i am definately getting greddy.

oh one more question. what is that bass noise that i am hearing from exhaust. normal?
You can either buy the plugs that are$19 a peice or $30 a peice. the part numbers are listed on page 17 of the official "ask greddy thread"

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
oh to get back to ya about how to gap your plugs...if the gap is too wide ( based on your measurements) TAP the arm of the electrode LIGHTLY (forget what the technical name is, basically the "L" shaped conductor closer to the center electrode). I usually use a peice of wood and tap it lightly...doesn't take much to adjust the gap, and then remeasure. if you go too far, use something to pry it back out, but try not to damage the center electrode. Hope this helps!:)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts