Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
RAGING MACHINE
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an Exedy Stage II in my car for just a little bit over a year and it has finely bit the dust. I am needing to get a new one. Yeah go ahead and flam me if you want for only having it for just a year but I don't care. What I am wondering about is if I should just get the replacement disc or should I buy all new and if I should buy all new what do you are recommend in getting?? I have loved the Exedy so don't think I am saying anything bad at all about it. I am considering getting the Exedy stage II or something for about the same money. What do you all recommend?? I am in a time situation since I am barely able to drive my car since it is so bad. Help from anyone it appreciated!!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I have had an Exedy Stage II in my car for just a little bit over a year and it has finely bit the dust. I am needing to get a new one. Yeah go ahead and flam me if you want for only having it for just a year but I don't care. What I am wondering about is if I should just get the replacement disc or should I buy all new and if I should buy all new what do you are recommend in getting?? I have loved the Exedy so don't think I am saying anything bad at all about it. I am considering getting the Exedy stage II or something for about the same money. What do you all recommend?? I am in a time situation since I am barely able to drive my car since it is so bad. Help from anyone it appreciated!!!
I would also like to know if it is ok to just get the replacement disc or am i better getting a whole new clutch with pressure plate again?

·
Registered
975 Posts
How did you manage to fry your stage II clutch within a year with those mods?
yea good question...im guessing the break in period didnt last too long...any tips for breaking in a clutch? mine doesnt have too much life left in it

·
Registered
253 Posts
generic clutch break-in procedure I've always used (with good results):

Do this for the first 500 (yes, 500!) miles on the clutch. Drive conservatively, stay below 5000 rpm, change gear frequently and softly, and don't drive at a consistant RPM and consistant gear for a long time, just to click on the miles. The idea is engage/disengage the clutch a lot during that time.

Some have said 500 miles is too long. I prefer to err on the side of caution. If you set your mind to it, should only take 2-3 weeks. Go for random drives in the countryside, visit friends out of town, whatever.

·
RAGING MACHINE
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
generic clutch break-in procedure I've always used (with good results):

Do this for the first 500 (yes, 500!) miles on the clutch. Drive conservatively, stay below 5000 rpm, change gear frequently and softly, and don't drive at a consistent RPM and consistent gear for a long time, just to click on the miles. The idea is engage/disengage the clutch a lot during that time.

Some have said 500 miles is too long. I prefer to err on the side of caution. If you set your mind to it, should only take 2-3 weeks. Go for random drives in the countryside, visit friends out of town, whatever.

I have always heard break in should be 750 miles. That is what Exedy recommends if I remember correctly.

How did you manage to fry your stage II clutch within a year with those mods?

That is the thing that I don't understand. I wish that I could tell you the answer to that.

I am still trying to figure out if I should get the whole thing or just the clutch disk.

·
turbo=neverending debt
878 Posts
i wrote this in another thread also but would you guys choose this over a clutchmasters or competition clutch? i kno CC makes good clutches but they dont make the stage 3 anymore for the rsx...

the 3 puck design of the stage 2 looks like it will engage rough and wear out fast.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i like my competition clutch stage 4. its very generous on the streets. thats just my opinion

really? stage 4 sounds like it would be for an all out track car, when mine goes I was gonna go with something like stage 1 or 2 will alil more clamping power then stock..stage 3 or 4 would be ok with a DD?

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
really? stage 4 sounds like it would be for an all out track car, when mine goes I was gonna go with something like stage 1 or 2 will alil more clamping power then stock..stage 3 or 4 would be ok with a DD?
I daily drive a built k24 with 280hp with a Stage 4 CC... No issues Ever

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/CC-STG5-p-ARSXTRCCC.html

So what does everyone think of this clutch?? I just ordered it yesterday. Is it going to be over kill for just being a DD?

WOW Total overkill.... That isnt going to be street friendly...

G

·
I daily drive a built k24 with 280hp with a Stage 4 CC... No issues Ever.
Mine has been a DD with the Stage-4, too. You can learn to feather it and traffic is not a concern but I will tell you that this disc wears very quickly under such circumstances and that you might be lucky to get 30K miles out of it. That's the only real downside.

·
Registered
975 Posts
30k isnt too bad but I would like to get something that would last alittle longer, i dont think I will have a problem with in traffic as you said, just need new motor mounts lol, I'll probably end up getting stage 3 when the time comes, thanks for your imput guys:thumbsup:

·
turbo=neverending debt
878 Posts
Cc does not offer the stage 3 anymore for the rsx. I am actually talkin with one of the CC reps about an eta for the stage 3. hopefully they will start offering it again soon.

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
get a whole nother kit, dont make the same mistake I made and think you can just replace the disc. Chances are the pressure plate is done and will need to be replaced also. It cant be resurfaced so dont think you can do that , and if you buy them seperately it will cost you a lot more.. .I would get a stage 3 since the stage 2 went so quick with your mods/

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
lol freeway tire chirps much?

ROTFLMAO..... I can attest to that...lol People give me such odd stars when my tires chirp in traffic on the freeway...lol

Cc does not offer the stage 3 anymore for the rsx. I am actually talkin with one of the CC reps about an eta for the stage 3. hopefully they will start offering it again soon.

Who are you speaking with at CC?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts