Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car goes in the shop wednesday, and was considering shooting a pearl to give me a little bit of change... What color pearl would go good with the DSM, if any at all?

Dave

·
Premium Member
35,049 Posts
Maybe somewhat of a white or black pearl. :confused:

Hard to tell!!!

·
Premium Member
35,049 Posts
Mojorator said:
blueish pearl with a hint of purple
That might look nice!

Also I like the gold idea.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it maters, my wheels, calipers, engine covers, grilles, etc. will all be gunmetal!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Gold pearl! example: Subaru STI if you know anybody that has it or see it around look at it closely. It's bad ass! Check it out!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took off the gas door today, in which the shop is gonna spray a sample of each color listed above to give me an idea of what it will look like over the DSM.

Car goes in the shop tomorrow... yipee!

·
Premium Member
35,049 Posts
Sweet dude. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well... I will see what the pearls look like tomorrow, but after talking with the shop owner tonight, we might be doing a full color change.

Now I have to either find the time to pull the motor, or find someone that knows what they are doing that wont charge an arm and a leg!

·
Premium Member
35,049 Posts
Monte Carlo Blue!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a_peep said:
Monte Carlo Blue!!!! :thumbsup:

If I do a full color change, I am leaning toward a candy red or orange, or a burnt orange color! I will look more into the color once I fine a reasonable price to get the motor pulled/installed... So far I have been quoted $1500, but that was the acura dealer, and was my first quote.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TwoSlick said:
Are you gonna get the glass pulled, and interior stripped too?

I already stripped the interior... Everything under the hood and all windows will be pulled. It will be done right!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I got a red pearl on my DSM, and it looks awesome! I've had nothing but compliments on it. DSM is so classy if you stick with it, any color pearl would look good except white. The white didn't look good at all to me for some reason...Good luck with the car.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
02 dsmauto said:
I got a red pearl on my DSM, and it looks awesome! I've had nothing but compliments on it. DSM is so classy if you stick with it, any color pearl would look good except white. The white didn't look good at all to me for some reason...Good luck with the car.

You got the red pearl? Got any pics?

Dave
[email protected]

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
ohhhhh whats getting done to the car in curuious

1 - 20 of 74 Posts