Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when going NA...after i/e/h, cams, valve springs, ecu, port and polished head, itr manifold....what do you do next? are there a lot more options engine wise...or do you start fine tuning the suspension? just curious...i hear a lot about all the aforementioned stuff...but not much more after that...any ideas?

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Unorthodox pullies, nology wires, ground kit, torque damper, upgrade tires/brakes.....

Just throwing out possibilities bud.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Start working on the tranny...

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
:iamwiths:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thinner head gasket, super high comp pistons, some sweet ass rods, really cool bottom end work to add to all your plans and do 10,000 RPMs like the pros ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DavidT said:
Thinner head gasket, super high comp pistons, some sweet ass rods, really cool bottom end work to add to all your plans and do 10,000 RPMs like the pros ;)
i guess i should have been more specific...i'm looking to stay daily driveable

·
Registered
529 Posts
Dang how fast of a daily driver do you want? :D With i/h/e, cams, k-Pro, and all the stuff that is listed by you and others (Besides mine) your car is already going to be wicked fast.

·
Registered
426 Posts
DavidT said:
Dang how fast of a daily driver do you want? :D With i/h/e, cams, k-Pro, and all the stuff that is listed by you and others (Besides mine) your car is already going to be wicked fast.
start digging INTO the engine. new rods, new pistons, possibly sleeved and bored! but definately great tires if you are looking to put down more power still, and an LSD!

but if you have only those mods go for some suspension, tires, and an LSD...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mrjdm said:
start digging INTO the engine. new rods, new pistons, possibly sleeved and bored! but definately great tires if you are looking to put down more power still, and an LSD!

but if you have only those mods go for some suspension, tires, and an LSD...
i already have:
DC Sports - CAI, TCS exhaust
AEM - pullies, fuel rail
TODA - race header
ITR intake manifold
exedy organic clutch
ACT lightened flywheel
cybernation phantom grip
clubrsx springs

i'm leaning towards koni shocks, TODA spec N cams, valve springs, Hondata K-pro, port and polished head, intake manifold, and throttle body

i know that all of this should put down some insane power but as i'm sure all of you feel...it'll be fun for a while...but then i'll get beat and want more

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
get rid of that dc sports intake and get a real intake...

everything else looks HOTT

i'm almost to that point also... dunno what to do after that

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Down_Shift said:
get rid of that dc sports intake and get a real intake...

everything else looks HOTT

i'm almost to that point also... dunno what to do after that
don't get cute...with just my intake and exhaust i put down 185.5 on the dyno...plus my intake has a bypass valve and hadn't been cleaned in 7 months...i'm getting a new one soon (without a bypass) and don't doubt that its going to be a dc sports...hopefuly one that was made before the aem merge

·
Registered
113 Posts
drizzo1234 said:
so tell me what is next...
you could basically tare down the whole engine and build a high performance one if you want.. its up to you man, speed is a question of money, how fast can you afford to go? :dontknow:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts