Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried some searches and couldnt find nottin.....

I removed my old gold emblems from the back of my car (gold+silver= :drool: ....dont ask me, it was the previous owner)

I have a set of silver emblems (used) coming my way but im not sure what i should use to re-badge em. I have double sided tape but theres no way this stuff will stand the test of time/weather/wind....

Where can i get some good sticky tape or gluetype substance to stick these emblems back on?????

·
GO CATS!
1,784 Posts
i'm interested as well. it seems as though the tape used from the factory is super thin.

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
I believe 3M makes something called "badgemount tape" that is designed specifically for the purpose of mounting badges on cars. I'm pretty sure all auto manufacturers use it; 3M is pretty much the industry standard...

-------IR

·
KEEP UP???
2,995 Posts
3m makes some liquid stuff I saw at Walmart that says it is for mounting car emblems. I have never used it, but it might be something to check out. I just saw it there the other day when I was looking for some double sided tape.

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
Ironraven said:
I believe 3M makes something called "badgemount tape" that is designed specifically for the purpose of mounting badges on cars. I'm pretty sure all auto manufacturers use it; 3M is pretty much the industry standard...

-------IR
:iamwiths:
i used that for my lancer and it worked great. i also used double sided tape [the regular heavy duty 3m double sided tape] and it also worked well, but it was too thick and the emblems stuck out too far from the trunk. so your best bet would be using that liquid stuff if u want it flush with the hatch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
well i dont know how the paint will react but if you know ur not gonna take them back off i would say mix alittle epoxy up and spread alittle on the back of the badge and gently press it on and clean off any that pushes out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts