Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· I am a non smoker
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ever since early this morning iv been wanting to sell my rsx-ss but for some reason iv decided to keep it, since i have a good start on show mods and some suspension mods. i was looking through ebay for a cheap cat-back that would give me some sound with some added power. i came apon this, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7907089509&category=33630&sspagename=WDVW
-does anyone kno if this exhaust is going to sound obnoxious on a auto rsx? and since i have a Type-s muffler just sitting in my garage, and the ebay exhaust is 2.5 inchs i could just switch off the axle backs...correct me if im wrong guys but im pretty sure the type-s axle back is 2.5 inchs as well. Just gimme ur input on this exhaust that is prolly gonna be under 300 bucks final. please dont give me crap about putting a cheap exhaust on my auto. i am on a harsh budget. thanks! :thumbsup:

· I am a non smoker
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
03DSM-RSX said:
slap the type-s on and get race header. theres ur sound not to mention performance. tahts wat i'ma do
nah bro i dont think u understood me well, i want to get the cat-back system in the link i gave^^^ but in my garage all i have is a type-s muffler (axle back) i want to kno if i can slap the type-s muffler on the after market catback if i wanted the sound to get quiet sometimes. but now that im thinking about it, i think the stock type-s piping is 2.25" not 2.5, is their any way i can put the S axle back if i wanted to later on...?

9,901 Posts
o0o ok. well in taht case, u could just go to meineke or a muffler shop and they can make u a custom b-pipe with the diameter of ur choice. since the pipe wont have a resonator then it should be an extra low rumble. thats only if u want a b-pipe.

as for sticking the axle part into the aftermarket catback...then i duno. most likely not b/c the aftermarket is made for base. the aftermarket catback is mainly made in conjunction with the aftermarket axleback. if it doesnt fit then u could always go to muffler shop and have them make the type-s muffler a new axle part to fit into the b-pipe.

custom work by the muffler shop isnt that expensive. most expensive is prolly around $60. meineke offered me to $75 to make a 2.5" catback exhaust. but the piping is made of aluminum not mandrel bent. i guess it depends on the material u decide to use. in ur case, the axle part material doesnt matter cuz its just a small part.

· I am a non smoker
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm gotcha thanks, now i just gotta make up my mind on this cat-back or i could go the custom way. I really want to kno what it will sound like in general and especially on a Auto. Do u guys think its worth the $250-300? (and thats after shipping too). soo if i buy only a muffler from ebay and take it to a muffler shop, ur saying they will build me a cat-back for 60-100 bucks? the ebay cat-back that i sent a link from is going to have the slant to the right correct?

9,901 Posts
i dont think the ebay will have a slant. are u saying u want the slant? duno why u do but if u want to u could just buy a tip and tell shop to slant it. personally i dont think catback exhaust will do much for us autos. it may give a couple HP but that can be lost with extra passengers. the problem is the stock base header. its really restrictive and the catback wont do anything much. i say u should do a type-s exhaust swap. with the money for the exhaust, u could just buy a DC header from ebay and have better air flow and put on a high flow cat. or u could do a whole OEM type-s exhaust from headers to muffler. its hard finding the downpipe tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.