178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was washing my car the other day and couldnt get my emblems clean
they look like theyr gonna rust or some shit like that
is there somethin that u guyz recommend

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
The emblems are plastic, so I don't see how they'll rust. Sometimes they can look as if they've been tarnished, but that's usually just dirt, not corrosion. I would actually take a little bit of wax and apply, then buff. That should do the trick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
emblems???

hey, well i have these spots all over my emblems on the back...they look like rust...but how, its a new car. anyone else got this? how can i get it off?

thanks,
-christine

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
grayy44 said:
hey, well i have these spots all over my emblems on the back...they look like rust...but how, its a new car. anyone else got this? how can i get it off?

thanks,
-christine

i don think its rust, they're suppose to be made out of plastic.. :nervous:

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
grayy44 said:
mine look like that too... just take them off..it'll look better like that anyways
I don't see how removing them is a solution, but I guess you're entitled to your opinion. :thumbsup:

If he decides to remove them he's going to have to fill up the holes in the car it'll leave behind, just an FYI.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
EternalBlue said:
If he decides to remove them he's going to have to fill up the holes in the car it'll leave behind, just an FYI.
That'll only be the case if the "A" emblem is removed.

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,812 Posts
On the TLC TV series called Mythbusters, they tested out to see if coke/pepsi is a good liquid to clean off chrome and the tarnish of it. They were originally thinking they were goign to bust the myth, but it turned out that the coke/pepsi actually did a pretty good job of getting the tarnish off the chrome. Im not saying to use it...but it wouldnt hurt.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
SkyeRSX said:
That'll only be the case if the "A" emblem is removed.

Well, yeah. I guess since I'm already debadged and only have the "A"'s, I assumed he meant that. :laughing:

·
What are you made of...
22,072 Posts
Debadge it! :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
i use chrome polisher, a tooth brush and q tips to get into all the little grooves and dry everything up nicely. that keeps mine looking like new. well the A anyway, i took the rest off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Emblems are actually chrome plated on plastic. I just found this out recently, so chrome cleaner would work. Make sure don't use liquid cleaner because that is acid which eats your chrome.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts