Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys.
i am planning to get bodykits and get it painted somewhere.
Just for the hell of it, i called up local MAACO and asked for quote.
for DSM, they say its going to be about 450 ish.

The guy i talked to was pretty cool dude. He was talking about MAACO having bad reputation is not true, blah blah.. you know.

So are they really that bad? how much did you guys pay to get your bodykit painted?

Thx. :wavey:

·
Tyler
398 Posts
crazy said:
I don't have a body kit, but yes, the reputation they have is true - they are crap. I'd stay away. Only use Maaco if you want to repaint a crappy car so you can sell it quickly.
:iamwiths:

Never ever ever ever get anything painted at Maaco, unless it's a lease and you're returning it....or the comment I quoted.

Maaco :shooting:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my god.
what a hate. lol.
thank you for your advice guys. i will stay away from them.

So how much does it usually cost to get a decent paint job? 4 piece bodykit.
Only one place i know in my area is "Hi-tech" and i heared they are pretty expensive.

i am in Orange county, SoCal.
anyone know a good place down here?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
No doubt. Noslen has it right. Paint is one area you don't wanna short change. Quality is everything, and quality costs money. 450 for a paint job strikes me as insane. If my memory suits me correct I think it takes approximately 4 or 5 quarts to shoot our whole cars (my car is the the works of a complete makeover and should be done next week). 4 to 5 quarts of good paint is expensive in itself, not to mention the labor involved with wet sanding the car. DONT DO IT. It's like ritual suicide with a spoon man. You will hate yourself after seeing it. ::steps down off soapbox:: :p

·
Underb00b <3
41,120 Posts
cant you tell by there commercials, they have a geo storm that they are using in their add to paint! who the hell would even wanna get there geo painted! i mean if your going to sell something atleast have a badass car or anything besides a geo in your commercial!, haha

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah. i've seen the commercials. "uh oh, better get to Maaco." lol

man. i didn't know painting bodykit can cost so much. How the hell do you people afford this expensive hobby?

with all the things i wanna do to my car, looks like im gonna spend well over 10k. FUCK! :jigglemad

·
Registered
96 Posts
199 for the whole car...they advertised that on their commercials..gay

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.