Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
b9ev said:
What I don't understand about people is that they can barely handle a 15 second car, can't handle a 13 second car but take away 2 wheels and the protective cage and they think they can handle a 10 second bike.
I completely agree. Perhaps instead of spending more money on mods, people should spend on training on how to launch a vehicle. Perhaps they don't because it is more difficult to acquire skill than it is to flip enough burgers to add a blower.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
i think it was like 14.6 in the 1/4mile. at like mid to high 80s trap.
Actually I think the Ninja 250's are in the 13's. Hang on, I'll double check...

EDIT: Can't find it anywhere but everything I've read regarding this bike puts it in the mid to upper 13's. :dontknow:

lat-R

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I think I'll just stick to taking the car to the track. The bike is for twisties and just cruising around the mountains on. If I want to go fast, I jump in my car.

you have an 06 R6 that you don't want to take to the track?

i'll trade you my R1 for that R6, i need a better trackbike :giggitygiggity:

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
lmao 7 year revival of a shit thread to start with.
On topic though; interestingly enough 600cc sport bikes STILL are the same speed as 2006; mid 10's and about 110hp.
Meanwhile 1000cc bikes have progressed massively, from about 150hp(in 06) to about 190hp (zx10r, s1000rr) and mid 9's

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's worth noting that a crappy rider can easily give up +1 second through the 1/4. I made a quicker pass in my daily driven 330hp Miata ([email protected]) than I did on my CBR600rr ([email protected]). You've got to have the balls to launch a 600 hard to get a decent pass and your average rider simply isn't up for it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts