Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
carlitosz said:
Do I have to use a K-pro with a K24/K20 frank or I can use a stock RSX base, CRV, Accord ECU?
Not recommended. The frank will have a mix of requirements from the genetic DNA of its donors. A base RSX ECU won't know about the longer stroke. A Type-S ECU will think this is the usual high-revving bottom end. And so on. Several of those ECUs ARE interchangeable (see Hondata FAQ), but ONLY once upgraded to K-Pro. After all the time and money spent on the frank, go the extra mile and get the K-Pro.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,364 Posts
fourth!!! The k-pro has opened many doors for you. Use it.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
carlitosz said:
Do I have to use a K-pro with a K24/K20 frank or I can use a stock RSX base, CRV, Accord ECU?
Until you get a K-Pro, I think you'd be best off with a K20A/A2 ECU.

·
K Builder
304 Posts
do not use the k24 stock calibration, as the cam phasing is way off, and also so is the fuel maps in vtec, don't forget k24 is still a 12 valve motor. 16 with vtec.

I WILL MAKE A k24A2 map available when i get my K-pro, the only thing you'll have to substract about 2 degree's of timing on most of the map, because mine is a REAL TSX (k24) engine..

hondata doesn't offer this yet...

motor on stand, waiting k-pro :)

can't wait :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
hotwheelz said:
do not use the k24 stock calibration, as the cam phasing is way off, and also so is the fuel maps in vtec, don't forget k24 is still a 12 valve motor. 16 with vtec.

I WILL MAKE A k24A2 map available when i get my K-pro, the only thing you'll have to substract about 2 degree's of timing on most of the map, because mine is a REAL TSX (k24) engine..

hondata doesn't offer this yet...

motor on stand, waiting k-pro :)

can't wait :)
why wouldn't you use the stock k24 calibration?

and what is cam "phasing"? :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
The cam phase is the angle off 0 degrees that the intake or exhaust cam is advanced or retarded. VTC provides variable cam phasing on the intake side, meaning it can advance or retard the phase of the intake cam from 0 degrees.

·
Registered
196 Posts
swwifty said:
why wouldn't you use the stock k24 calibration?

and what is cam "phasing"? :dontknow:
LOL go back to K-series motor tech on hondata's site. This conversation is too advanced for you.

just kidding, but most of the K24 engines come with the same 'i-VTEC' as the K20A3 engine, and it activates at 2200rpm. The TSX and K20A2/K24 hybrid will have the full, 3 lobe VTEC system, which activates at higher RPMs. Using this calabration would cause the VTEC to activate at 2200rpm, and the fuel would be way off on the whole calabration.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
mrjdm said:
LOL go back to K-series motor tech on hondata's site. This conversation is too advanced for you.

just kidding, but most of the K24 engines come with the same 'i-VTEC' as the K20A3 engine, and it activates at 2200rpm. The TSX and K20A2/K24 hybrid will have the full, 3 lobe VTEC system, which activates at higher RPMs. Using this calabration would cause the VTEC to activate at 2200rpm, and the fuel would be way off on the whole calabration.
you mean VTC. I've never heard cam advance/retard referred to as "cam phasing".

maybe this conversation is too advanced for you, rather than me.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
It appears you guys are arguing about two different things.

The Cam phase is adjusted via VTC. This has nothing to do with VTEC.

Fuel maps and VTEC engagement will be different on the K20A3 ECU due to the different VTEC system. When using a K20A2 head, this may not be appropriate.

It is without debate that a K-Pro is a must for this setup.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Glimpse said:
It appears you guys are arguing about two different things.

The Cam phase is adjusted via VTC. This has nothing to do with VTEC.

Fuel maps and VTEC engagement will be different on the K20A3 ECU due to the different VTEC system. When using a K20A2 head, this may not be appropriate.

It is without debate that a K-Pro is a must for this setup.
oh yeah no doubt.

I forgot the K24 had only 2 lobes, I was thinking it had a type-s head stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.