Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to track my rsx this summer, but I'm really confused as to which grade of oil to use.
i understand its about the vicosity level, 20w-50? 0W-50?? or just regular 15w-30 will do??

Also, with regards to brand, there so much like mobile1, mutol, royal purple , etc.... any recommandation??

Oh btw, i'm also a racer on a budget..

thx in advance!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
congee said:
I'm planning to track my rsx this summer, but I'm really confused as to which grade of oil to use.
i understand its about the vicosity level, 20w-50? 0W-50?? or just regular 15w-30 will do??

Also, with regards to brand, there so much like mobile1, mutol, royal purple , etc.... any recommandation??

Oh btw, i'm also a racer on a budget..

thx in advance!
If you are on a budget then Mobil1 Synthetic 5W-30 or 0W-30. I use the Mobil1 5W-30 in my car right now. But in the spring will be using the Red Line brand of motor, tranny, gear oils.

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
I'd say 80% of autox driving is at mid/low RPMs, most of the stress is tires and brakes. Unless you're downshifting into 1st all the time... and if you're doing that you're probably the kind of abusive owner that oil will not save anyway. So stick with whatever you feel is appropriate for the car in general.

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
Sorry, I should have said Mobil1 is totally fine, I do M1 5W-30. Your typical AutoX course is not very stressful on the engine at all IMO. Redline and Amsoil are higher-end products but not necessary for most mortals. If you have money to burn and you think it's worth the peace of mind knock yourself out. But some of us are po ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts