Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happens when you don t reset your ecu after you install a race header . anything

·
Registered
206 Posts
The same thing that will happen if you do reset your ECU. CEL!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so basically it doesnt hurt anything it just help the ecu catch up faster

·
Rage With the Machines
1,280 Posts
why would it throw a CEL?.....
i thought you were supposed to reset it when you get a Cel?

·
Registered
466 Posts
if you run a test pipe you will throw a CEL...and basically people dont want to reset their ECU's every 50 miles so i just wnat to know if you throw a CEL, it won't affect the performance of the car?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not throw a cel yet I also have to caspers o2 sim with about 250 miles on it so far

·
Registered
889 Posts
there was a discussion about this in another thread, if you do that then run the car pretty hard like redline through all the gears itwill teach the ECU more aggressive driving / fuel system or soemthing like that

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
The Dealership told me that ours cars would not run in it's peak if it threw a CEL, don't know if they were BSing me or trying to scare me so I don't add a racing header.

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
02DSM_Type-S said:
The Dealership told me that ours cars would not run in it's peak if it threw a CEL, don't know if they were BSing me or trying to scare me so I don't add a racing header.
read my stickies guys. having a cel wont cause our cars to go into limp mode. end discussion

DO A SEARCH NEXT TIME!!

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.