Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a new thread about what kind of diferent cars people have beaten with their bases. I'll start the first one. Dont laugh my car is still stock. But not for long!!!!

1. 2001 honda civic mods i/h/e not sure what the brands were. But he was loud as crap and also was driving around with his hood off. Also didnt want to give up, but got beat every time.
2. 2002 Mustang auto 6 cylinder. no mods I dont guess.
3. A old dodge neon had a exhaust beat him like he was standing still!
4. My friends 1993 honda accord he had intake and an exhaust so big I could stick my shoe in it. Tires are going bald I spun all the way through 1st some how missed 2nd and still pulled by 3 cars but Im not going to brag because its a accord.

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
when i was at lincoln tech in maryland ppl there would want to race me b.c. its a "RSX" so heres my list when i only had cai:

02/03 special edition nissan maxima (auto) side by side
01 dodge neon r/t (manual) he had i/e by 2 lengths
chevy impala w/ the ls1 motor w/22" chrome rims a length.
saturn sL1 w/ i/e by 4 lengths
honda prelude f22 sohc w/ i by 2 lengths.
honda civic dx by bus lengths.

lost to ser specV w/i/e/cams
honda prelude h22 w i/e/pulleys
saturn sL1 turbo on 5lbs kept up til 3rd and he ownd me.
rsx-s with i/e kept up til 3rd gear.

i cant think of anymore but my buddy on the boards zeppdogg was always there with me so this isnt bullshit.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I wonder what auto's can beat.

Turtles?
(I'm auto, so I can make fun of myself)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
when i was at lincoln tech in maryland ppl there would want to race me b.c. its a "RSX" so heres my list when i only had cai:

02/03 special edition nissan maxima (auto) side by side
01 dodge neon r/t (manual) he had i/e by 2 lengths
chevy impala w/ the ls1 motor w/22" chrome rims a length.
saturn sL1 w/ i/e by 4 lengths
honda prelude f22 sohc w/ i by 2 lengths.
honda civic dx by bus lengths.

lost to ser specV w/i/e/cams
honda prelude h22 w i/e/pulleys
saturn sL1 turbo on 5lbs kept up til 3rd and he ownd me.
rsx-s with i/e kept up til 3rd gear.

i cant think of anymore but my buddy on the boards zeppdogg was always there with me so this isnt bullshit.
Sorry, not trying to call bullshit on this because I know there are so many different variables (for one...bad drivers) but a completely stock Type-S rsx can beat a Base rsx that has intake/header/exhaust as you have. So how could you keep up with a Type-S that had intake and exhaust?

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
Sorry, not trying to call bullshit on this because I know there are so many different variables (for one...bad drivers) but a completely stock Type-S rsx can beat a Base rsx that has intake/header/exhaust as you have. So how could you keep up with a Type-S that had intake and exhaust?
i dunno man driver error. but the base manual and auto can run with a rsx-s from 1st to 2nd gear b.c they are nearly identical/close ratios but 3rd is when the 30+ hp difference shows. ask fatcircles or michael that had the bolt on base that ran on par with a S with i/e.

i remember one race i didnt say, yes i ran against a stock nbp rsx-s he had his gf in the car too. i was losing but prolly only a car 1 1/2 and this was from a roll. after we came to a light and he asked if it was a base or s i said base, he said wtf do i have done to it and i was like only cai...should have seen his face but also his girls face to see a base ran almost side by side with cai.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
i dunno man driver error. but the base manual and auto can run with a rsx-s from 1st to 2nd gear b.c they are nearly identical/close ratios but 3rd is when the 30+ hp difference shows. ask fatcircles or michael that had the bolt on base that ran on par with a S with i/e.

i remember one race i didnt say, yes i ran against a stock nbp rsx-s he had his gf in the car too. i was losing but prolly only a car 1 1/2 and this was from a roll. after we came to a light and he asked if it was a base or s i said base, he said wtf do i have done to it and i was like only cai...should have seen his face but also his girls face to see a base ran almost side by side with cai.
Hmm, well I have completely different outcomes.

I ran a 2004 base that had intake/exhaust with my 2003 Type-S which only had intake. We ran from a dig. Midway through 2nd gear I was already about 2 cars ahead and after shifting into 3rd it wasn't even a race anymore.

I also raced a 02-04 base rsx that had intake/exhaust from a roll with my 2003 Type-S with intake. We started from a 40mph roll (me being in 2nd) and right when we took off I immediately started pulling....HARD.

Anyways...like I said, not trying to doubt your stories. I've had crazy shit happen on the street too.

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
Hmm, well I have completely different outcomes.

I ran a 2004 base that had intake/exhaust with my 2003 Type-S which only had intake. We ran from a dig. Midway through 2nd gear I was already about 2 cars ahead and after shifting into 3rd it wasn't even a race anymore.

I also raced a 02-04 base rsx that had intake/exhaust from a roll with my 2003 Type-S with intake. We started from a 40mph roll (me being in 2nd) and right when we took off I immediately started pulling....HARD.

Anyways...like I said, not trying to doubt your stories. I've had crazy shit happen on the street too.
sounds about right how a base vs S outcome should be. roll racing is for the S IMO the base is better for off the line. but yea nething can happen on the streets.:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea Ive been in some crazy races also lost to a civic because I didnt rev up when the light turned I just started off like normal and noticed he went for it and buy the time I did notice I could not catch him. You just have to face the facts some people cant drive their car. Like me for instance I suck at launching also because my tires are bald. But I really need more practice and new tires. What is a good rpm to launch with good tires, and what is the best way to play with the clutch.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Crazy story of mine...

I raced a 2006 GT Mustang on the street, from a dig. By middle of 4th gear (100mph) we let off....my front bumper was at his door. lol those GT's are supposed to be high 13 second cars...how the hell does my 2003 Type-S with only intake lose by 1/2 a car to a GT?

It's just something that can happen on the street. I don't know how it did happen...but it did. After the race we were driving side by side and the guy was like "what the hell do you have in that thing" and I'm like "intake" and he looked extremely dissappointed lol.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Crazy story of mine...

I raced a 2006 GT Mustang on the street, from a dig. By middle of 4th gear (100mph) we let off....my front bumper was at his door. lol those GT's are supposed to be high 13 second cars...how the hell does my 2003 Type-S with only intake lose by 1/2 a car to a GT?

It's just something that can happen on the street. I don't know how it did happen...but it did. After the race we were driving side by side and the guy was like "what the hell do you have in that thing" and I'm like "intake" and he looked extremely dissappointed lol.
they went racing........lol j/k but yeah people cant drive and maybe he was just messing with you? sure it was a gt? idk.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
they went racing........lol j/k but yeah people cant drive and maybe he was just messing with you? sure it was a gt? idk.
LoL no...he wasn't messing with me. He was serious. He's actually the one who initiated the race. And he had one friend with him, so he was trying to impress his friend, and I could tell he was on it as hard as he could be. And I'm sure it was a GT because it had the "GT" badges and dual exhaust. Some people mentioned maybe since it was a new car and he was a younger guy, he didn't know how to drive. Or maybe he had traction control on. If I posted that story in the "rsx vs all" section of CRSX everyone would say "BULLSHIT!!!" but it's not....I'm not telling what could have happened or SHOULD have happened....I'm just telling what DID happen.

1 - 20 of 633 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.