Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

What have you beaten in your base.

Tags
base beaten
27K views 632 replies 202 participants last post by  002blakbase 
#1 ·
I wanted to start a new thread about what kind of diferent cars people have beaten with their bases. I'll start the first one. Dont laugh my car is still stock. But not for long!!!!

1. 2001 honda civic mods i/h/e not sure what the brands were. But he was loud as crap and also was driving around with his hood off. Also didnt want to give up, but got beat every time.
2. 2002 Mustang auto 6 cylinder. no mods I dont guess.
3. A old dodge neon had a exhaust beat him like he was standing still!
4. My friends 1993 honda accord he had intake and an exhaust so big I could stick my shoe in it. Tires are going bald I spun all the way through 1st some how missed 2nd and still pulled by 3 cars but Im not going to brag because its a accord.

#5 ·
when i was at lincoln tech in maryland ppl there would want to race me b.c. its a "RSX" so heres my list when i only had cai:

02/03 special edition nissan maxima (auto) side by side
01 dodge neon r/t (manual) he had i/e by 2 lengths
chevy impala w/ the ls1 motor w/22" chrome rims a length.
saturn sL1 w/ i/e by 4 lengths
honda prelude f22 sohc w/ i by 2 lengths.
honda civic dx by bus lengths.

lost to ser specV w/i/e/cams
honda prelude h22 w i/e/pulleys
saturn sL1 turbo on 5lbs kept up til 3rd and he ownd me.
rsx-s with i/e kept up til 3rd gear.

i cant think of anymore but my buddy on the boards zeppdogg was always there with me so this isnt bullshit.

#17 ·
Yea Ive been in some crazy races also lost to a civic because I didnt rev up when the light turned I just started off like normal and noticed he went for it and buy the time I did notice I could not catch him. You just have to face the facts some people cant drive their car. Like me for instance I suck at launching also because my tires are bald. But I really need more practice and new tires. What is a good rpm to launch with good tires, and what is the best way to play with the clutch.

#18 ·
Crazy story of mine...

I raced a 2006 GT Mustang on the street, from a dig. By middle of 4th gear (100mph) we let off....my front bumper was at his door. lol those GT's are supposed to be high 13 second cars...how the hell does my 2003 Type-S with only intake lose by 1/2 a car to a GT?

It's just something that can happen on the street. I don't know how it did happen...but it did. After the race we were driving side by side and the guy was like "what the hell do you have in that thing" and I'm like "intake" and he looked extremely dissappointed lol.

#21 ·
4 cylinder Tibby w/ exhaust maybe more
2003 accord v6 6-speed with F5 cai (twice)
2006 RSX-S with exhaust (girl driver...need any more explanation?)
2005 cobalt ss (non s/c)
2006 cobalt (regular manual)
2007 Civic Si (stock)
dodge neon r/t
cavalier with exhaust

#31 ·
4 cylinder Tibby w/ exhaust maybe more
2003 accord v6 6-speed with F5 cai (twice)
2006 RSX-S with exhaust (girl driver...need any more explanation?)
2005 cobalt ss (non s/c)
2006 cobalt (regular manual)
2007 Civic Si (stock)
dodge neon r/t
cavalier with exhaust
he was toying with you. its not really all that possible with your mods unless he was shifting at like... 5500rpm lol. but then again its the street so anything can happen.

#24 ·
ive waxed many slow cars (civics, V6 tiburons, cougar, sentra's) but the best race that i had was with a bolt on gts, them cars are quick little sob's with bolt on's and i had no prob keepin up, it surprised the hell outta me

Reactions: arM
#35 ·
everythin i beat is in my sig and gts' arent that quick, ive havent raced one yet but i drove my friends and its not as quick as my car

#47 ·
yea its the torque that a tC has that will get a base. they're like 200lbs heavier but they also have 25 more ft. lbs. of torque. when i test drove one i was surprised at the "peppiness" fortunately my bolt ons give enough top end gain to beat em now

#48 ·
i beat anything slower than me. :)

as for tC's, they are solid platforms, just the wrong people working on them. My bro went with TRD s/c and all TRD parts. nothing on that car. the suspension is perfect, sways n struts, etc etc. We just installed a higher boost pulley on and about to tune via emanage ultimate.

the turbo tc's i've seen on scionlife are pretyt much done by suckers wanting to just bolt-on and go. no maintainence, tuning, or anything. so they end up with low output for turbo applications. there are a couple of nicely done ones, but most have shitty and unknowledgable people making shitty parts for their cars. then the scion owners would be suckered into buying it so easily. If Scions had the amount of knowledgable ppl like ClubRSX, they'd seriously own.

#50 ·
man you guys need to be nicer to each other Damn I just wanted to know what you guys have beaten not to be like hell no I call bs on that, who cares, if someone is lying let them lie. The only way you would know for sure is if you raced them. Im not saying that anyone is lying though. This is offic topic but does anyone know when the next east coast clubrsx metting will be.

#53 ·
speaking of being mean:

OMG USE THE SEARCH YOU NEWB CHECK YOUR LOCAL FORUMS!!!! jp ;)

haha f'real tho why are you asking us? i dont even know when the next Northeast-DC/Metro meet is, let alone North Carolina

#51 ·
Fuck yeah, I beat
2006 Eclipse
2002 Accord
2002 Si

The Si stalled thou' but the other two I smoked, yup thats how we base owners do it.....

I currently have
Injen SRI
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust
and in July DC Racing Header

#55 ·
Some dude at the Track had an 06 ZO6 And off the line I was dead even with him...........Lets see I ran a better time then an EVO MR..........on the Street I had a dude and his girl in a 05 Mustang GT Smoked him He was a little pissed off cause I told him he couldn't drive..those are the stories are the only ones I can rember now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.