Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to get the Toda N2 :thumbsup: , but i don't know what header or

exhaust to get for the most HP gain. These are my choices.

Header
-Toda Race header
-Jackson Race header
-Hytech Race header

Exhaust
-Twin loop Mugen
-Hytech
-Fujitsubo RM-01A

·
Royale with cheese.
487 Posts
i agree 100%

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Is the Hytech header even out? I saw pictures of their header on their 2.3L motor, and all I gotta say is :eek:

·
Royale with cheese.
487 Posts
they arent releasing it i dont think

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Frenchy said:
what about power gains? and how loud would that be for daily driving? I don't care if I have to put in the silencer...
the PG is pretty high flowing exhaust. It is a completely straight through design. Its not that bad for daily driving at all, just loud when you go WOT.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hytech does not have the mass produced header finished yet, but he can make you custom made header for the k-series at a cost of $1299. As far as exhaust goes, get a custom made 3 inch cat back. That will give you the power you are looking for.
==Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
schumacher said:
Hytech does not have the mass produced header finished yet, but he can make you custom made header for the k-series at a cost of $1299. As far as exhaust goes, get a custom made 3 inch cat back. That will give you the power you are looking for.
==Mike
Thanks guys for all the info. Where could i get a 3in exhaust??

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
MugenRSX-S27 said:
Thanks guys for all the info. Where could i get a 3in exhaust??
I don't know if I'd go with a 3inch exhaust if your staying NA. Turbo cars need a 3inch exhaust not a NA car. I'd go with a 2.5 inch exhaust for NA.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you are serious about power, which looks like you are....then a 3 inch exhaust is the way to go. I'm currently working on changing the set-up on my car and the 3 inch exhaust is what's going in. I would not install it if I didn't think it would make more power....I know it will make more power...even staying N/A. Choice is yours.
==Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well unless you are going to be running 275 hp and more, than a 2.5 inch exhaust would be the right thing to do, since I believe all of those headers you mention have a 2.5 inch collector...running a fujitsubo will cut your gains since it is 2.38 inches. (Not sure in pipe sizing for Mugen...)

·
Registered
255 Posts
go with the Prototype Racing header and hytech exhaust or you could just wait until Prototype racing comes out with all of their stuff for our car and get their exhaust/intake/cams. From the sounds of it they are making some really good shit. I think they did 250 whp on a DC5 R with just intake and header.... that would be around 225whp for the type S... which is unheard of for that combination (just header and intake) on the current market. But you would have to be patient for the header and intake arent even supposed to come out untill this summer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.