Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well assuming that I ever get the cybernation stage 2 kit I believe that I would keep my car until it literlly fell apart. So I thought I would throw down some ideas as to what I or you should have when getting or before getting this kit. Here it is, if you guys want to add stuff that would be great.

1.Rims and tires(need rims for bigger brakes and do I even have to say anything about the tires?)
2.Brakes(Wilwood or brembo)
3.LSD and final drive(must for traction, and I think you need final drive for it to work:dontknow: )
4.Sway bar/crossbrace (something to help with turning and keeping the car together)
5.Motor mounts and Poly mounts for the suspension (to much stress for stock IMO)
6.clutch and lightened flywheel(this is installed with the LSD when the turbo is put in.)
7. bodykit and/or hood (Not a must but with a big hole in front I think the intercooler gets better air and the hood to vent some heat out.)
8.coilovers(a must if you got wheels and you wana keep that car low!)

well I know the last two are kinda shaky cause we would be getting into things we dont really need but I think it is a good idea. So opinions or whatever.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Serious problems? Have you heard of any of the tuner shops in Florida who put 500 plus horsepower to FWDs like the integra and civic. Do you know how many FWDs run sub 10 1/4? Keep the FWD alive.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wouldn't say so much as a problem... but what are you going to do with it once it's all there? You're front tires will be doing entirely too much work. Take it to the track and you'll have push problems all day, wheel spin like mad, etc. You can't power out of a turn if you're tires aren't sticking.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want a 500 hp car, but that is getting close to too much power for a front wheel drive car to handle.

·
Registered
0 Posts
those of you who r worried about doing a autoX with 500whp shouldnt worry about over powering the tires......just turn down the boost, then when you go to the drag strip throw on some slicks play with you suspension a bit and find a setup that works.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Other than the LSD, lightened flywheel & clutch, and other suspension mods (haha, just because) what other things do you guys think would be needed for the stage 1 kit? The exact same mods maybe or less?

lat-R

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey we got a good descussion going. Yeah I would probibly keep my car at 366hp or around there for every day driving, cause with that kit the power does come higher in the powerband so it wouldn't be a total bitch to drive around. I'm thinking a stage 2 clutch because I want it to still be comfortable driving around. About the control arm bushings-are those included in like the ES suspension kit or are those seperate, and from the sound of things they are pretty stiff huh? I dont know if they make any sort of traction bar or how hard it would be to fab. one for our car but I think that would help too. Oh yeah and as far as front tires doing to much work I agree, thats why you will have to rotate like every 5000 miles :)

·
Banned
9 Posts
they are included in the hyperflex system and do not affect ride quality in a negative way at all...I highly recommend them performance wise, but the average Joe, they are not worth the PITA

I have given up on rotating tires...I just replace the front ones every few months

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought a stage 2 covered like 250lbs of torque, which was right around what the stage 2 cybernation kit put out. I dont know I think I would rather have a little premature clutch wear and still have a pretty good daily driver than an insaine clutch. Besides I probibly would run the thing at 366 or 350hp most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
423 Posts
bonus said:
I thought a stage 2 covered like 250lbs of torque, which was right around what the stage 2 cybernation kit put out. I dont know I think I would rather have a little premature clutch wear and still have a pretty good daily driver than an insaine clutch. Besides I probibly would run the thing at 366 or 350hp most of the time anyway.
the stage 3 is a very streetable clutch in the RSX. You dont have to worry at all.

·
Registered
0 Posts
putting 400whp to the ground is going to be a problem i dont mind working at fixing.....by the time i get tired of shreading tires up i'll have some $ to get some other things needed to put the power down.

i cant afford a full stage 3 setup up but i'll almost be there except for the head work.

honda2race im ganna call u guys monday.....im pretty sure i want to change the boost controler and wastegate i ordered from u guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.