Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting my windows tinted this weekend. My uncle works for the police department and Im getting the guy who tints the police cars to tint mine. He told me our cars are hard to tint but he will do it for $100 and he said he didnt care about the law and he would tint it as dark as I wanted because it would be on me if i got the ticket. So...what is a good dark tint that wont get me pulled over? I have never heard of anyone in my town getting pulled over for their tint but I want a good dark tint all around. I was thinking 20% but maybe darker. what is your opinion on a good dark tint that wont get me in too much trouble?

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I have 20% all around with 50% on the windshield and a 5% sunstrip on the top of the windshield. I love mine and have not been harased yet.............knock on wood. :rolleyes:

Dustin

·
Registered
435 Posts
I agree... 20% all around is probably best for what you want. Anything darker and cops will give you trouble. I know form experience because I've driven cars with 20% all around and 11% all around. 20% is also still good for night driving visibility.

·
Registered
311 Posts
hey lab rat (or anyone), in your 11% car, how was your night visibility? I haven't tinted mine yet but was considering 10% all around, w/ 5% visor strip on the normal front windshield. I am concerned about lane changes when I use my side mirrors and back window to check 'the blind spot'. Obviously there will be headlights, but what about at dusk when some peeps don't have their's on yet. Also does it impair your 'depth of field' w/ cars to the side/behind you?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have 20% on my black rsx and it is perfect for me.

On the other hand I had a civic before and I ended up puting 8% on it. WOW it was so dark. It was absolutly horrible when it was raining out. The reason I took the 8% was because the guy I went to was out of 15 & 20% and I didnt like the 35%. 8% was way too dark. I could have waited for him to get the other tint in but I was too excieted to get my windows done that day.

Nathan

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have 20% on my black rsx and it is perfect for me.

On the other hand I had a civic before and I ended up puting 8% on it. WOW it was so dark. It was absolutly horrible when it was raining out. The reason I took the 8% was because the guy I went to was out of 15 & 20% and I didnt like the 35%. 8% was way too dark. I could have waited for him to get the other tint in but I was too excieted to get my windows done that day.

Nathan

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
i have 15% all around and i like it alot and night driving is not bad at all. and i have never gotten pulled over for it and ive had it on 2 years +.

·
Registered
435 Posts
roxie said:
hey lab rat (or anyone), in your 11% car, how was your night visibility? I haven't tinted mine yet but was considering 10% all around, w/ 5% visor strip on the normal front windshield. I am concerned about lane changes when I use my side mirrors and back window to check 'the blind spot'. Obviously there will be headlights, but what about at dusk when some peeps don't have their's on yet. Also does it impair your 'depth of field' w/ cars to the side/behind you?
Night driving with 11% really sucked. It wasn't too bad on major roads that were lit up with street lights, stores, other headlights, etc. But back roads and highways were a pain. The worst was when it rained. I usually had to roll down the window to back up in any weather conditions. It looks great... but in my opinion, it's not worth the hassle.

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
well first off i like it to be even on all the windows... and i like 35%

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 20% on front and 8% in the back...looks sweet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts