Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ptank value in the sensors window is 1.7 kpa. Is that a proper value. I ask because my car is lean cutting and I am not sure why. I keep adding fuel and it keeps lean cutting. I really hate that feeling when it cuts out. It is doing it right at vtec crossover, even at half throttle. My boost goes from about 6 psi down to 3.5 psi when I go onto the high cam. Just wondering if I have a fuel supply problem.

luvmyrsx

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1/4 to 3/4 tank. Haven't replaced filter or pump. The car had 67000 miles on it when I bought it.

luvmyrsx

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
ptank is part of the emissions system

I'd check fuel pressure, should be between 47 and 52 under vacuum, even lower under boost

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I fixed my problem. I switched from the kpro 5-7 psi basemap to a different kal, the one wdsonny posted and christx modified in the supercharging forum in the calibrations thread. Still had to add 10% fuel to columns 10-13, and a few other minor changes, but I am not lean cutting anymore.

luvmyrsx

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was kind of throwing me off is that the car would lean cut right after going onto the high cam. The a/f would go form 11.5 to 12.7 or more and the car would cut. It did that on three different kals that I tried. My boost would go from 6.2 to around 4 at the same time. The boost is still dropping when the high cam comes on, but then builds back up to as high as 7.2 psi. I am happy with that. I have a 3.4 inch pulley on now. With the 4 inch pulley I don't think I ever got above 3.5 psi. I was never able to tune for the 3.4 inch pulley as the car was lean cutting since I put it on a couple of weeks ago.

Love the whine. Kind of miss the vtec sound though, that is gone.

luvmyrsx

·
TypeS EM2
474 Posts
do yourself a favor and disable OBD2. specially if your running boost.

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
TypeS EM2
474 Posts
who gives a shit about emissions , lol. we want da power , one o2 is all thats needed to get the job done.

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
who gives a shit about emissions , lol. we want da power , one o2 is all thats needed to get the job done.
I, for one, do care about emissions.

luvmyrsx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts