Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other then price tag of K-PRO... what is its downside?? and if youd like list all the upsides too if ya want.

·
MM On Black!
395 Posts
For us lazy people..you actually have to do labor to install it :laughing:

O and 05-06'ers have to buy an adapter in order to use it.

·
Sleeping...
2,272 Posts
if you don't have the money for a tune and don't know how to do basic A/F tuning, you will struggle.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Kpro doesn't pull timing if it's needed like the stock ECU does. it only adjust A/F when in...closed loop I think? I can never remember.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me please. I just remember hearing something about how kpro doesn't dynamically change cam angles on knock detection.

·
Q_Q
8,101 Posts
Kpro doesn't pull timing if it's needed like the stock ECU does. it only adjust A/F when in...closed loop I think? I can never remember.
that sounds right, even if you run the stock cal, it still would not be like running on a stock calibration

i was knocking quite a bit on the stock cal when my car was stock lol :(

for the socalers you'll most likely be getting knock every once in a while even after a good tune, so it could possibly lessen the life of the motor (not drastically)

·
Sleeping...
2,272 Posts
whats that have to do with anything written here?
and yes... i forgot about the '05-06 kpro and the cruise control... damn VSS.

·
part-time baller
1,810 Posts
its 10x easier for peeps to steal your car plus it will make you a 10x more a target for people to break your windows and steal your K pro...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are you shitting me? I live and die by my cruise control. If I pay $900 for a new computer for my 05 typeS the damned cruise better work just like Honda intended. Plus, if the KPRO just ignores the knock sensor I say we need a better way to tune our engines.

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts
Are you shitting me? I live and die by my cruise control. If I pay $900 for a new computer for my 05 typeS the damned cruise better work just like Honda intended. Plus, if the KPRO just ignores the knock sensor I say we need a better way to tune our engines.
Do you have anything better?

The only downside I can think of is that us 05+ don't really have our own and that it cost more.... damn you hondata :mad: lol

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
Immobilizer is over-written :dontknow:
immobilizer, cruise control doesnt function well,
its 10x easier for peeps to steal your car plus it will make you a 10x more a target for people to break your windows and steal your K pro...
........:dontknow:

"I installed the K-Pro and now have a yellow key-like light flashing in my dash.

That's the immobilizer-off warning light. Hondata's calibrations come with the immobilizer function turned off. You can turn it back on in the ECU Manager under Windows>Parameters>Misc.
"

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts
........:dontknow:

"I installed the K-Pro and now have a yellow key-like light flashing in my dash.

That's the immobilizer-off warning light. Hondata's calibrations come with the immobilizer function turned off. You can turn it back on in the ECU Manager under Windows>Parameters>Misc.
"
I would have to turn the immobilizer off... that little flashing key would drive me nuts.

although, it would make it harder to steal the car, so idk....

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
if you turn the immobilizer back on, the light stops flashing. it's win-win :thumbsup:

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
As far as downsides go, unless you can readily take advantage of and know how to utilize its features, it's effectively a $1000-1500 paperweight.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts