Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these cheap exhausts and I was wondering what might be the problem to these. I'm sorry, I'm kinda new to this. I've done a lot of research on exhausts already, and I'm not sure if I could afford the really expensive stuff. But if the exhausts aren't worth it, then I'd rather save my money. I also live in California so I know I have strict laws on exhausts. I don't want it to be loud, just a deep tone.

But tell me if these are okay. Thanks.

http://www.remixcustom.com/1-ex-acrx0201-a10.html

http://compare.ebay.com/like/320937559807?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

There was also one from spec-d...is that brand okay?

I am aware that ebay exhausts aren't that great, but will getting cheap exhausts cause me to fail smog test? Should I just spend a couple more bucks to buy the better exhausts? I wanted megan or tanabe

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
First of all megan is an ebay company so it's no better. Second, I'd use one of these, I am going to on my kswap teg. They are stainless, mandrel bends, and 400 cheaper than most cat back exhausts. Its piping man, the size is what's important. Only thing that might not be great is fitment, you may have to mess with it a bit to fit right or not rattle. That's the only thing that I can think of that could be not so good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
"cat-back" exhaust is an exhaust system that runs after your Catalytic Converter; since it's after the converter, it isn't going to effect your smog results at all, unless you change/remove your cat.

·
[Insert Title]
2,870 Posts
It'll probably sounds really raspy and horrible. I'd save a bit more and get tanabe AT LEAST. MOST cheap ebays or whatsoever exhaust doesnt have that great quality so the welding might not be completely sealed or crack over time or you might need adjustment to make the exhaust fit wheel.

·
Casual Scum
2,108 Posts
I have a Tusdo exhaust from EBay and I have no complaints. It's not raspy at all, 60mm which is great for N/A, and I get complemented from RSX bros on the deep sound all the time.

After 5 years the middle flange had finally been so beat to shit on speed bumps that it would leak air no matter how hard you tightened it. I just had a shop weld in a pipe and now it's perfect.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking about the tsudo actually...i just hear its really loud, and i live in cali, so the laws are quite strict. how is the tsudo holding up? do u use the silencer on it?

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
i was thinking about the tsudo actually...i just hear its really loud, and i live in cali, so the laws are quite strict. how is the tsudo holding up? do u use the silencer on it?
if youre worried about laws then dont mod the car. any aftermarket exhaust will put you over 95dB, the legal limit in CA. Yes, youll pass smog with any catback exhaust

·
Casual Scum
2,108 Posts
I live in GA, a state which has no laws against modifying your exhaust and doesn't do any type of emissions testing at all. (In most cities)

That said, yes it's loud - but it's not raspy at all. And it's held up well over the 5 years I've had it. I kept damaging the flange on the mid-pipe so much that it wouldn't seal anymore, so I had to have a shop weld out the flange with a straight pipe. It's not the exhaust's fault though - my car's too low.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thing is, i see ppl modifying their exhaust in cali all the time....i just wonder if they ever get in trouble. now im just deciding on megan oe-rs or the tsudo. like i said, i just wanted deep not loud. im also on a low budget around 300

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol i wish i could afford buddy club and invidia. do you guys think i should go for tsudo or megan?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have always used Greddy cat-back exhaust on all my hondas. Great sound and great look, plus great craftsmanship.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Being that cat back, and even axle back make so little difference in performance, what not just source out a used jdm DC5 exhaust. It would be inexpensive, and sound super nice!

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
And yes Megan is an eBay company, it didn't just start as one it is one. I think they have a website now but their quality is still sub-par.(garbage). On a second note, I use to have a BC spec III on my dc5 and loved it. But usually I just have the local exhaust shop make my exhaust. Tht way I can have my vbands welded in and such. Get exact size you want, tuck it up really tight to the chassis, and top it off with a vibrant muffler :). This is what I'm doing with my kswap teg.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think i'll just go to a shop lol...too difficult tryna find the right one at the right price. i would love the hks tho, but its a little too pricey. and i also hear a lot of good feedback from the bc spec III, only problem is that i have a base model...and that would require me to get new headers or an adapter :/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts