Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 93 Posts

· Registered
949 Posts
Another LeveL DJS said:
13.9 seems right with typr R set-up...i have the k20a swap and so far my fastest was a 13.92 with shitty tires...
That's the same thing I have ran on stock cams, stock tires.

Notice the guys avatar on honda-tech?

· Registered
949 Posts
BlackNite said:
I understand where you are coming from, but I'm sure you'll always have more HP out of ITR cams than stock Type-S cams given equal conditions. I think your point is that you get HP, but the extra HP is not worth the money correct?
exactly

· Registered
949 Posts
Glimpse said:
Drop in the ITR cams + reflash and see how your times improve. It's hard to compare between cars on the track or the dyno. You need to compare between mods on a single car.
This is what everybody says. No one really compares a hondata4 setup to an itr cam/reflash setup. Everyone just keeps looking at the numbers from the stock ecu to the itr reflash/itr cams.

We can go back and forth on this forever, but it all boils down to "do you want to spend $400-$500 and a solid afternoon installing them just for a minor gain?"

I'll be glad to race anyone near me(is there anyone near south ga :dontknow: ) that has an itr cam setup, just to prove my point :D

· Registered
949 Posts
Glimpse said:
Then compare it against hondata #4.

But it's not as simple as two cars racing each other, you know that. There are many other factors at play.
But wouldn't you expect for someone with say toda c's or crower's big cams to pull on you if you raced? I mean what's the point if it's not noticeable.

Bottom line, I would be pissed if my cammed car couldn't or could barely pull on a stock cammed car.

· Registered
949 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
Yea yea, I know. Thats why I said "but for most SAE numbers that are close to sea level, they are comparable. As long as the numbers' conditions are not that different, one can see and compare the performance difference between the two setups." ...close enough. If you look at all the dyno numbers on this board, some of them are way off (human error?) and some of them are average (experienced?)...thats why they are called correction factors. Its not exact or precise but close enough.
yep. Remember me and you made the exact same hp/tq when we had hondata/icebox and we are both pretty close to the same altitude.

NICE numbers btw :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.