Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so ive recently replaced the starter for my 02 Rsx and while i was disconnecting some stuff near the manifold i was wondering what this was even called, i disconnected a hose that was connected to this and it immediately began to hiss so i re attached it.. does anybody know if that does any harm to the engine at all by doing that??

Attachments

·
PSN: TomasTheTank
119 Posts
Basically it gets air pressure from the manifold and at a certain point changes your intake manifold from a short runner to a long runner. One of the reasons why the base model is good on gas. I would have to look in the helms ( which can download for free from this website ) for the exact name . The base intake mani in long tube mode is longer than the type-s which I found interesting.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
As VTEC does for cams, this does for the intake manifold. It allows the best of both worlds (long runners at low rpm, short runners at high rpm). Instead of disabling it, buy a '72 Ford Pinto if you don't want the benefits of Honda magic ;-)

·
R-SeX
1,111 Posts
I drove it disconnected before. I swear I felt more torque, but that's probably just in my head. The car did sound a little more aggressive at WOT. A :cel: will appear if it is disconnected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.