Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1022 Posts

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used to be really into biking when I was younger but for one reason or another I got out of it. A few months ago I bought a new bike becuase I wanted to get back into shape and I have loved it since I got it. I researched it a ton (highly reccomended) until I found the right bike and then I researched and found the best price. I wanted something between $700 and $800. Trek is my favorite and always has been so I jumped on a 07 Trek 6500 SLR
(I didnt want a full suspension bike either.)

one big reason I got it is becuase of the brakes. besides being ventillated disks they are hydraullic brakes which work much more efficiently..

also has a lot of light weight parts on it as well as a very nice adjustable front fork...

I searched and couldnt find this as a repost.. post your bikes

Frame: Alpha SLR Aluminum
Front Suspension: Manitou Axel Comp w/TPC LO, 80mm
Wheels: Shimano M475 disc hubs; WTB Speed Disc rims
Crankset: Bontrager Sport 42/32/22
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore

·
I don't know you
16,611 Posts
i have a trek 3700... got it used on cl. my main complaint is the shitty rear brakes, but i researched and knew the downsides when i bought it. cost me 150, which was all i was looking to spend. i may upgrade a few things later on.

·
made of particles
11,438 Posts
'95 trek 800, had it since new. no suspension. few upgrades - bontrager hardcase tires (i'm mostly on roads or trails, dont need the mud bog tires it came with), tubes, seat, and bottle cage, cane creek brakes (shitty stock brakes didnt stop for shit, and also they broke at the adjusters, causing them to drag a side).

·
Registered
10,308 Posts
i still have the same ol' mountain bike i had since high school. i want to get a new one though, but not sure if i can just upgrade the parts. i want disc brakes, and i want to switch out the suspensions. shit's retarded though, the rear tube ripped on me while jumping. i check my air pressure always before i ride. i haven't fixed it yet because the rear tube replacing will probably take some time.

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/ATLAS-EXP-Details.html

not a bad price either.. i like the way it looks.. I am happy i stuck with hard tail.. I feel like im more in control.. although landing after a log I would need full suspension more than hard tail.. but ya, nice bike.. you live around maryland? wanna ride some time?

it has the same clipless pedals that i had to buy for mine.. they are nice

and we also have the same brakes.. they are sick

and the same fork.. i dont feel as bad.. but i do like the frame of that.. looks sick

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i still have the same ol' mountain bike i had since high school. i want to get a new one though, but not sure if i can just upgrade the parts. i want disc brakes, and i want to switch out the suspensions. shit's retarded though, the rear tube ripped on me while jumping. i check my air pressure always before i ride. i haven't fixed it yet because the rear tube replacing will probably take some time.
the whole conversion to disk is kidna costly.. trek right now is offering 0% for 6 months if you wanna build credit.. thats what i ended up doin.. online payments ftw.

·
OG Member
21,422 Posts

not a bad price either.. i like the way it looks.. I am happy i stuck with hard tail.. I feel like im more in control.. although landing after a log I would need full suspension more than hard tail.. but ya, nice bike.. you live around maryland? wanna ride some time?

and the same fork.. i dont feel as bad.. but i do like the frame of that.. looks sick
you linked the atlas which is more of a AM (all mountain) bike. i have the asta pro which is light weight XC.

the price was pretty good for what i got. came about to $1850 OTD with shock pump.

i will never go back to HT. FS is just too sweet. now i gotta start doing some mods to get my bike under 24 lbs.

·
Registered
856 Posts

hey man you ride in MD, ever been to Seneca Creek park?

·
Wykydtron
2,431 Posts
Bought a TREK 3700. Don't have any other bikes to compare it to, so it seems alright to me.

I find myself on the road 90% of the time, so I regret not getting one of the hybrid TREK's. I think they're about $200 more, so what I may wind up doing is spending about $40 and putting hybrid tires on the 3700.

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thats what I should be getting shortly

Trek 4500
honestly.. save some money and get the 4300 with disk.. its a good set up and the disk brakes are worth their weight in gold.. unless you watn to spend more thats the best bike with disks for the cheapest out..

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you linked the atlas which is more of a AM (all mountain) bike. i have the asta pro which is light weight XC.

the price was pretty good for what i got. came about to $1850 OTD with shock pump.

i will never go back to HT. FS is just too sweet. now i gotta start doing some mods to get my bike under 24 lbs.
okay well thats a sick deal.. i got mine for around 850 otd for the bike alone.. it had a few customizations done nad a service contract.. also ended up buying a bike rack, helmet, pedals, shoes, and a speedometer with outside temperature.. love it..

anybody have a camelbak? would you reccomend any models? I need to get one relatively soon.. i actually for the first time was dehydrated 2 weeks ago and i dont ever wnat to get in that position again without a cell phone on me and no water

·
I don't know you
16,611 Posts
okay well thats a sick deal.. i got mine for around 850 otd for the bike alone.. it had a few customizations done nad a service contract.. also ended up buying a bike rack, helmet, pedals, shoes, and a speedometer with outside temperature.. love it..

anybody have a camelbak? would you reccomend any models? I need to get one relatively soon.. i actually for the first time was dehydrated 2 weeks ago and i dont ever wnat to get in that position again without a cell phone on me and no water
i just use a small north face backpack and stick a few waters in there . it also holds my keys, wallet, phone, etc.

1 - 20 of 1022 Posts