Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1022 Posts

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i just use a small north face backpack and stick a few waters in there . it also holds my keys, wallet, phone, etc.
i might just end up doin that.. but i like the convenience of drinking without having to get off my bike or reach around for a bottle.

·
No More Project Car Hell
28,172 Posts

Klein Attitude Race

XT/XTR Drivetrain
Mavic Crossmax Wheels
Manitou Skareb Fork

I want to pick up a set of hydraulic disc brakes for next year... other than that it's a fricken solid rig, light as hell and climbs like a goat.

·
No More Project Car Hell
28,172 Posts
me and sean (stylesp) almost ended up goin there the other day.. I have ridden it once.. but my new favorite is Schaeffer farm.. its sick
Schaeffer has always been my favorite place to ride, sucks that you have to pay to get in Seneca as well as dodge all the trail walkers...

There are a few good places in NoVA, Wakefield Park being one of them.

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
hydraullic brakes are really expensive but I love mine.. they dont lock unless under crazy circumstances.. they stop you faster than anything.. your bike is nice as hell.. im amazed they didnt just upgrade that bike to disk brakes..

wow to be honest I dont think I went to seneca. maybe a different park.. but ya i will have to go there.. also wakefield park is on my must list definitely. How far away is it from rockville? also, this sunday I may be up at schaeffer, ill pm you if i go

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ive been trying to find a portable bike pump.. mainly just to make the bike look a little cooler.. any reccomendations?

·
No More Project Car Hell
28,172 Posts
ive been trying to find a portable bike pump.. mainly just to make the bike look a little cooler.. any reccomendations?
I carry a Blackburn mini pump and a shock pump, but not on the bike, if you're going to get a hydration pack, keep them in there... I want my bike to be as light as possible.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Schaeffer has always been my favorite place to ride, sucks that you have to pay to get in Seneca as well as dodge all the trail walkers...

There are a few good places in NoVA, Wakefield Park being one of them.
When i lived in Centreville, VA i used to go to this trail below some powerlines of off braddock rd very cool. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
ya you have a point with the weight factor.. my bike is fairly light.. if igure if anything ill buy a lighter frame down the road.. its not even that heavy

·
Suh dude
25,973 Posts
jeff i wouldnt worry about our frames they are light enough.im upgrading my cranks next, i ordered a thomson stem today.

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
i been kinda looking to switch over to a road bike - went in a local shop and was looking at a specialized langster - its a single speed, but with a flip flop hub so you can coast. cheap and light.
nice .. i like the single speed mountain bikes used in competition

·
So Others May Live
4,725 Posts
Not too great of a picture, but there it is. Trek 1500 in Team Discovery colors.

21 - 40 of 1022 Posts