Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1022 Posts

·
Swollen Member
1,890 Posts
been looking for a tight fixed gear bike.. any help?

i live in an affluent suburb but feel like a fixed gear, urban bike is more my style/speed. preferably one that looks second hand and that i can custom paint or something between my philosophy/photography classes.

suggestions?
if you're just gonna repaint it, go with a road bike conversion. that's the easiest and least expensive route. look for good quality vintage road frames with tight geometry and build up from there.

·
Bitch I stay pretty
1,681 Posts
Would any of u guys buy a trek 4100 year 2004?

I might be getting one but don't know I'd imshould cuz of how old it is. The guynsaid he will take 150 which Is pretty decent

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Heres mine got rid of the wheel reflectors got 2 zefal lightweight bottle cages (46g each and only 8$)

·
Bitch I stay pretty
1,681 Posts
Went riding this memorial day weekend. Did 3 hours the first day and hit most of the trails at Banner forest in port orchard Washington. Rode for 2 hours on some of the same trails, and the ones I didn't get to the next day. Was a good weekend of riding just waiting to get to whistler this summer for some good downhill action.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
What do people use for bike racks besides the roof mount which i dont have 400$ to spend on for just the basic kit. I got a trunk mount from Yakima and it seems fine with one bike but as soon as i put a second one on there it all goes to hell.

·
SOO SPICY
5,355 Posts
I rode a nishiki pueblo xc hard trail but havent rode in a while and dot know where to ride where I live now.

I also have two old Raleigh's road bikes ima start riding again

I want to get a bike rack so I dot had to ruin my interior anymore. But I don't wanna be "one of those kids"

·
Its koo, it got V-tech yo
148 Posts

finally paid it off. Got a computer, gator skin kevlar lined tires, some standard cage pedals, and a bontrager circuit helmet.

·
and not The S
2,369 Posts
I've had the bike for a few months now. Just found the white pedals on jensonusa.com for cheap.

2012 Orbea Sherp

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Finally tried clipless pedals and there awesome. To my surprised plastic pedals weighed about the same as the Shimano 105 pedals its ridiculous thought id be gaining weight not staying the same.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
What gear, if any, do you guys wear when mountain biking? I feel I need a bit more, especially when doing downhills.

I picked up a leftover '11 Specialized Rockhopper and so far have a helmet and gloves.

·
ICUStalking
10,193 Posts
What gear, if any, do you guys wear when mountain biking? I feel I need a bit more, especially when doing downhills.

I picked up a leftover '11 Specialized Rockhopper and so far have a helmet and gloves.
I have a helmet I never wear. I only ride rail trails around here, so no real use for it.

Then theres my backpack full of shit I take with me but thats not bike specific.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
I wear a cycling jersey and a helmet, i noticed how well the jersey helps and how much it breathes even on a hot day my arm pits dont sweat. Doesn't stick to you either full zipper for nice air.

After having a ridiculously close call on a road trail last time i wear my helmet now haha. Some lady didnt see me while trying to pass walkers and came right into my lane i went into the grass.

981 - 1000 of 1022 Posts