Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i just bought a act prolite flywheel. and i was wondering what kind of clutch kit i should get and what stage. someone recomended a stage 1 organic exedy but multiple others told me that it would eat up my flywheel and that stage one is stock for a type s... i also hear xtd held up good i found a stage 2 but dont know if that would work or if i should get a stage 3. i dont have plans of boosting or supercharging in the near future so i would think a stage two would do well with the couple of bolt ons i have an a tune in the future?? just need suggestions or any kind of input is apprecieated

·
I like Corvettes too
181 Posts
I have installed a Comp Clutch Stage 4 on my Type S with an 8lb flywheel and it felt great. Only mods are a SRI and Hondata. I figured go big or go home and the stage 4 will withstand anything I decide to throw at it, don't know how it will wear compared to the OE replacement which still had a bit of meat on it after 74,000 miles, but I know it will hold up. I was impressed with the quality of the pressure plate also, just seemed to be an all around well built setup. I only have put 5 miles on the clutch before the ball joint failed, but will have a more in-depth review of it when I get the car back.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have installed a Comp Clutch Stage 4 on my Type S with an 8lb flywheel and it felt great. Only mods are a SRI and Hondata. I figured go big or go home and the stage 4 will withstand anything I decide to throw at it, don't know how it will wear compared to the OE replacement which still had a bit of meat on it after 74,000 miles, but I know it will hold up. I was impressed with the quality of the pressure plate also, just seemed to be an all around well built setup. I only have put 5 miles on the clutch before the ball joint failed, but will have a more in-depth review of it when I get the car back.
you are over clutched, there is no need for you to have a 6 puck with those mods, i had the same clutch and it lasted me about 12k miles before the pressure plate warped and had the clutch slipping on the highway :thumbsdow

·
0 Posts
Stock Exedy clutch is what I would reccommend. Buying "too much" clutch is not a good thing. Drivability on the street and clutch life are the trade off. It's like installing metallic racing brake pads on your grocery getter: Why?

Stock is fine for 90% of the RSX's out there with just the usual bolt-on mods.

·
grantDC5
282 Posts
:iamwiths:
or you can get an OE replacement clutch, fairly cheap and they hold up very well :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts