Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
anything bad about running 93? I have street bikes and thats all I put in them so just by habbit thats what I run in the RSX? Can I harm the engine this way?

·
Registered
235 Posts
psh, u guys must have cheap gas. 87 for me since it costs 2.25/gal or so. it's all u need anyway

·
Registered
77 Posts
I use 89... at first I used 91, but I felt there was no difference so I changed over almost a year ago. Good thing, especially with these insane gas prices here in Southern California. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dial what kind of rims is that in your sig?

in hawaii
cheapest gas is 1.98 regular which is 87 from shell gas station

thanks!

do you think we should make a post about the most CURRENT prices around the entire US?

·
yada, yada
1,917 Posts
However there's no harm in using 91 right? There must be some benefit over the life of the car? Somebody agree with me :wavey:

Would using 91 over 89 increase gas consumption? My car is eating it ... 10L / 100 KM vs. 8.7 - 6.5 L / 100 KM ratings :eek: Anyone around these numbers? Although it could be my driving habits :driving:

EDIT: Oh yeah...and 91 octane is 94.5 / L or 4.30 / Gal (3.23US / Gal)...fucking hell :firemad:

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Higher octane makes a difference, even on a stock base. Less hesitation. I always use 93 and my engine is very quick for a base.

·
Registered
74 Posts
er um no. 87 will burn faster and more complete then 91,93 octane. you get more power and better emisions(or at least I think :dontknow: ) higher octane is used to prevent "pinging" caused by gas fully cunbusting(spelling?)
before they piston reaches TDC........

you prolly would only need to go with higher octane if you had an advance in timeing or NO2 ect......

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=143667&page=2&pp=25

you can send me your money saved though paypal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
jdm_rsx said:
dial what kind of rims is that in your sig?

in hawaii
cheapest gas is 1.98 regular which is 87 from shell gas station

thanks!

do you think we should make a post about the most CURRENT prices around the entire US?
[[The rims are 18" RO_JA Formula 5's (gunmetal) rojawheels.com ]]

BTW: In my area of So. Cal 89 octane is avg. $2.25 per gal.

·
yada, yada
1,917 Posts
Not reading all that...anybody confirm this below: 87>combustable than 91? Did not know that :dontknow: So is safe to say that 91 would cause your vehicle to be less fuel efficient (than 87) because the fuel itself is not as efficient?

Paypal sent :wavey:

Ryan768 said:
er um no. 87 will burn faster and more complete then 91,93 octane. you get more power and better emisions(or at least I think :dontknow: ) higher octane is used to prevent "pinging" caused by gas fully cunbusting(spelling?)
before they piston reaches TDC........

you prolly would only need to go with higher octane if you had an advance in timeing or NO2 ect......

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=143667&page=2&pp=25

you can send me your money saved though paypal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
i use 93, there was something wrong with my car it wouldn't start... So i took it to acura and they told me to use higher octane, it fixed the problem so i have never switched.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts