Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to waste money getting a bunch of mods that will end up being useless or not desirable when I finally get my turbokit, but what mods can I add now that would work well with a turbo later?

Right now my car is stock (lowered on prokit). I'm holding off on the usual bolt-ons (intake, headers, hondata #4, etc) because I plan on going turbo down the road.

· ChemE
520 Posts
vbeachboy said:
I don't want to waste money getting a bunch of mods that will end up being useless or not desirable when I finally get my turbokit, but what mods can I add now that would work well with a turbo later?

Right now my car is stock (lowered on prokit). I'm holding off on the usual bolt-ons (intake, headers, hondata #4, etc) because I plan on going turbo down the road.
Well the obvious things you will need will be the turbo kit, intercooler, blow off valve, and new exhaust hopefully 2.75-3 inches. Definetly boost controller,if your going to change your boost settings, a turbo timer, gauges( Boost, A/F, EGT). If your going greddy either the K-Pro,BMIII gaurdian, or profec e-01. And then if your going to boost high than 550cc injectors.

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Extreem RSX said:
Well the obvious things you will need will be the turbo kit, intercooler, blow off valve, and new exhaust hopefully 2.75-3 inches. Definetly boost controller,if your going to change your boost settings, a turbo timer, gauges( Boost, A/F, EGT). If your going greddy either the K-Pro,BMIII gaurdian, or profec e-01. And then if your going to boost high than 550cc injectors.
Maybe I wasn't so clear in my first post. I mean, since I don't plan on getting the turbokit for awhile, what mods can I do NOW that won't conflict with my turbo down the road. Or should I just leave my car stock until I'm ready to get the turbo?

A larger exhaust seems doable now, but I'm not going to get gauges, boost controllers, blow off valves and such before I get the turbo. The stuff would just be sitting in my garage if I did that.

· Registered
92 Posts
More suspension and brake upgrades to better control the power would be a good idea. Better clutch, and a limited slip diff would also help out right now, and be useful with the turbo :thumbsup:

· OG Photo Crew
682 Posts
vbeachboy said:
Maybe I wasn't so clear in my first post. I mean, since I don't plan on getting the turbokit for awhile, what mods can I do NOW that won't conflict with my turbo down the road. Or should I just leave my car stock until I'm ready to get the turbo?

A larger exhaust seems doable now, but I'm not going to get gauges, boost controllers, blow off valves and such before I get the turbo. The stuff would just be sitting in my garage if I did that.

And if you go with cybernation all of that is included in the kit . :D

· OG Photo Crew
682 Posts
Well not the boost controller and turbo timer but everything else . I was thinking the same thing a few months back . Thats why i made sure i got a good exhaust , clutch and flywheel .Thats all i can add in .

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XxThInKxX said:
not many, i'd leave it stock, and you could search around for more info on what conflicts what.
Yeah, I'll probably end up just leaving it stock too, besides the suspension. I'll do the minor "show" things that I was planning on doing, like blacking out my headlights and getting a lip kit first. It's probably better to just save all of my money and get everything I need at once.

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cue113 said:
And if you go with cybernation all of that is included in the kit . :D
The cybernation kit comes with all of that? Hmm... yeah that sounds like the way to go then. Like I said in the post above, I'll probably just do it all at once since it seems the only thing that would even be remotely worth getting first would be an exhaust.

· OG Photo Crew
682 Posts
Cybernation stage 2

1) T3/T4,60-1 or 62-1 Turbo
2) Custom Manifold
3) Turbo Piping
4) Wastegate
5) Apexi S-AFC
6) Spearco Intercooler
7) Intercooler Piping
8) Blow Off Valve
9) 550cc Injectors
10) Vortec FMU
11) Piston and Rods
12) 250psi Fuel/Oil Lines
13) Air Fuel and Boost Gauge
14) Cybernation Black Magaic II ELF

· OG Photo Crew
682 Posts
FiNaL_GeAr said:
i have the Apexi-VAFC 2 rite now, i was wondering if this would be of any use with a turbo.. one shop told me to keeep it for my turbo and another told me to get rid of it...

so who is right?
Depends on what turbo kit you decide to go with . Like cybernation kits come if the safc-2 but when guardian is released there really wont be any use for it .Now if you go with a greddy kit i'm not to sure on what that kit consists of .
rick .

· Registered
50 Posts
cue113 said:
Cybernation stage 2

1) T3/T4,60-1 or 62-1 Turbo
2) Custom Manifold
3) Turbo Piping
4) Wastegate
5) Apexi S-AFC
6) Spearco Intercooler
7) Intercooler Piping
8) Blow Off Valve
9) 550cc Injectors
10) Vortec FMU
11) Piston and Rods
12) 250psi Fuel/Oil Lines
13) Air Fuel and Boost Gauge
14) Cybernation Black Magaic II ELF
Says pistons and rods, but does not say wrist pins or rings. They are very breif on their details.

Does anyone have a very detailed version of this?

· Registered
58 Posts
cue113 said:
Depends on what turbo kit you decide to go with . Like cybernation kits come if the safc-2 but when guardian is released there really wont be any use for it .Now if you go with a greddy kit i'm not to sure on what that kit consists of .
rick .
i knoe the Greddy Kit comes with the GREDDY E-MANAGE and if i am correct the emanage is a piggy back to tune da ECU as well, so then the VAFC-2 wouldnt be needed anymore rite? someone correct me if i'm wrong.

· Out on bail
1,125 Posts
vbeachboy said:
Yeah, I'll probably end up just leaving it stock too, besides the suspension. I'll do the minor "show" things that I was planning on doing, like blacking out my headlights and getting a lip kit first. It's probably better to just save all of my money and get everything I need at once.
yea, i'd work out suspension and any other body things to make it look sleek and clean so when you get it you have a dropped clean beast to mount that FMIC to :thumbsup: :laughing: :) !

· OG Photo Crew
682 Posts
FiNaL_GeAr said:
i knoe the Greddy Kit comes with the GREDDY E-MANAGE and if i am correct the emanage is a piggy back to tune da ECU as well, so then the VAFC-2 wouldnt be needed anymore rite? someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Dont know bro , i dont know much about greddy kits . I'm not to interested in it , but if its like cybernations black magic you might still need the vafc-2/safc-2. Now if you're running something like k-pro or guardian(soon to be released ) then no you dont need the controller .
rick .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.