Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard some things back and forth about specific products like crank pulleys destroying or decreasing the life on an engine significantly. Are there any people out there that could sum up all of the rumors into TRUE statements about what will ruin an engine? I am planning on going all motor, and the last thing I want is to be installing parts that will deteriorate my car.

Thanks guys
Scottie :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Nothing to do with this post sorry, but what kind of hood is that on the white RSX, is it the "Evo" style one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
things that ruin motor:

Poor Tuning: either too lean or having the timing too advanced among other things will cause failure.

If your going to rev high make sure your motor is balanced, this is why some people report issues with crank pullies. it can disrupt balance of the motor.

there are tons of things you can do wrong, just look at what other people are having success with if you're unsure
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dmotoguy said:
things that ruin motor:

Poor Tuning: either too lean or having the timing too advanced among other things will cause failure.

If your going to rev high make sure your motor is balanced, this is why some people report issues with crank pullies. it can disrupt balance of the motor.

there are tons of things you can do wrong, just look at what other people are having success with if you're unsure
Thanks bro, I'm just a little iffy with this whole thing. Right now, I have the basic mods, h/i/e iridiums and wires, nothing else... I don't want to race my car every day, but to know that it will kick the shit out of a lancer evo 8 cause it just pisses me off that they come off the assembly line at 4.5 seconds. :jigglemad So, yea nothing exterior being done to my car, just internals...
ANy ideas that maybe you have done to your car that could be a next power getter? I want to spend another grand maybe a lil more, between hondata, intake manifold, cams and gears... Anything else?

Thanks again
Scottie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
i would get TODA Cams N2 or their clutch and flywheel kit. both should be under a grand if you go toright places.
The reason why i left out the Hondata reflash is because i'd do all the motor first and then get a correct ECU re-flash, so u wont spend money for re-flashing over and over :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sort of like the clutch and flywheel, and i heard that a lighter flywqheel will make you loose torque, but I mainly want to focus on power, not so much clutch feel and catch...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Scottie said:
I sort of like the clutch and flywheel, and i heard that a lighter flywqheel will make you loose torque, but I mainly want to focus on power, not so much clutch feel and catch...
Yeah i have TODA Flywheel and Clutch installed and the car became faster, much faster on the acceleration. I know for a fact that flywheel frees your HP and torque, u r not loosing it. The only bad thing with very light flywheels is that the car looses speed faster when shifting between gears, because flywheel has less inertia.. but we r talking about miliseconds and plus you'll have greater acceleration when u completed your shift so... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, would you suggest TODA and Skunk2 stuff, when it all comes out? Also, how much is the clutch and flywheel, minus the install?
Thanks bro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Scottie said:
So, would you suggest TODA and Skunk2 stuff, when it all comes out? Also, how much is the clutch and flywheel, minus the install?
Thanks bro
I dont know much about Skunk2, but i know that TODA's flywheel weight 4.7kg and i trust them more then Skunk.
for prices go to http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_k20a/clutch_kit.html

the price is 1,010 but you can find that kit for $900-$1000 from the resellers
 

·
Rice Rocket to Musclecar
Joined
·
1,194 Posts
The best condition your engine was ever in was the way it left the factory. If you do anything to it, you risk taking a little bit of life away from it.

Kind of like smoking... Each cigarette takes seven minutes off your life. :D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top