Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

What parts should i change out if i get a turbo

505 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  bigpitty1 
#1 ·
I want to get a turbo and im worried that getting it and driving my car with all the stock type -s stuff will get screwed up. Would getting a turbo dramatically increase wear on a clutch and would it mess up things like the transmission...

#2 ·
Heroin Bob said:
I want to get a turbo and im worried that getting it and driving my car with all the stock type -s stuff will get screwed up. Would getting a turbo dramatically increase wear on a clutch and would it mess up things like the transmission...

With a turbocharger setup on the rsx-s your going to screw everything up. Generally speaking based on Compression Ratios, Volumetric pressure between top dead center and bottom dead center vs the percentage of atmospheric pressure placed on the head, your engine will most likely blow within 2,500 miles.....My motor blew 2 days after i ran the turbo....I would suggest NOT running a turbocharger....

#3 ·
RsxManJoe said:
With a turbocharger setup on the rsx-s your going to screw everything up. Generally speaking based on Compression Ratios, Volumetric pressure between top dead center and bottom dead center vs the percentage of atmospheric pressure placed on the head, your engine will most likely blow within 2,500 miles.....My motor blew 2 days after i ran the turbo....I would suggest NOT running a turbocharger....

Whats wrong you seem to be in a bad mood.......Did you seriously blow your motor? I'm sorry if you did........What happened to cause your motor to blow? Weather?

#4 ·
Heroin Bob said:
i wouldnt be worried about your motor if you plan on just running a base of like 7psi, some people even run 10psi and theyre doing just dandy...and i havent heard of anyone messing up their tranny...but i dont think the stock clutch can handle a turbo :D ...

#8 ·
yeah how many times has this topic been discussed. At least once a week someone starts a new thread on "What do I need to go turbo".

#11 ·
the only problem running a turbo on the RSX is the motor, the k20a was not designed to run a turbo, you can buy parts to make a turbo run fine on the k20a.
You won't have to worry about the gear box on the RSX Type S because I have seen Japanese DC5 race cars doing 500 hp @ the flywheel and still run the standard gear box, the RSX Type S gear box is the same a the japanese Type R DC5, the only thing you will have to do is change the clutch.
If you have the base RSX you might want to take it easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.