Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on these forums in a while, but after my most recent engine trouble I'm about to rebuild. Had to overbore to 86.5 to get rid of some scoring from a loose wrist pin in cylinder #1, and had a spun rod bearing in cylinder #4.

So I need to get some new pistons. Whats the current popular choice for a quality turbo piston that comes in 86.5mm.?

For my rods I was just planning on replacing the one rod and I'm using the Eagle's.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another question, if I have a 86.5mm bore, what head gasket do I use? It looks like they only come in 86mm or 87mm ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
do anybody see a problem using JE pistons? i have a friend who works at a honda dealership and got his training from a community college and his instructor said something about how Je isn't good like they use to be. and another friend of my friend who also works at the dealership said they are pretty bad when i told him i had je pistons. this guy also got his training from the same instructor. are they that bad or is it the instructor who is just brainwashing these kids w/ his views.

·
BULLET-Autoworks
2,131 Posts
do anybody see a problem using JE pistons? i have a friend who works at a honda dealership and got his training from a community college and his instructor said something about how Je isn't good like they use to be. and another friend of my friend who also works at the dealership said they are pretty bad when i told him i had je pistons. this guy also got his training from the same instructor. are they that bad or is it the instructor who is just brainwashing these kids w/ his views.
um... my instructor at WyoTech technical insititute in the highperformance class puts JE pistons in his 908 whp eclipse at 90 pounds of boost and he says they hold up as great as wiseco pistons (hes been threw a few motors)

·
Banned
1,415,593 Posts
Another question, if I have a 86.5mm bore, what head gasket do I use? It looks like they only come in 86mm or 87mm ?
just go to 87 and get a cometic HG....problem solved and you get more power...

·
CLUBRSX.com Supporter
3,684 Posts
JE here. IPS uses JE so they must be the best right:rotfl:

·
Bańned
12,108 Posts
um... my instructor at WyoTech technical insititute in the highperformance class puts JE pistons in his 908 whp eclipse at 90 pounds of boost and he says they hold up as great as wiseco pistons (hes been threw a few motors)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :snap: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts