Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my craftsman briggs and stratton v-twin is getting to be too much of a money/time pit. i bought it used, and the guy i got it from neglected it. i did get it for $100, and it was around $2000 new, so i guess i still came out good. finally got it running again the other day, but still too much to worry about with the deck, so i'm getting something new, and going to take the deck off this one and use it as a utility tractor.

i'm looking at the john deere d105. can't afford anything other than entry level, and i don't want an entry level hydrostatic transmission for my yard, and that leaves me with craftsman, and this john deere. basically it's a manual transmission that's automatic shifting with a vari-drive/cvt setup.

also have a snapper 7 hp push mower.

anyway, post your mowers/tractors/implements/whatever. guess i'll put some pics up when i get the chance.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
of the 39 people who have viewed this thread, none have a lawn mower?

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
I just have a cheap Troy-Bilt push mower. It does the job but is a lot of work.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just have a cheap Troy-Bilt push mower. It does the job but is a lot of work.
no way i could only have the push mower... when we first moved in, it took a crack head (who i believe to be) 3.5-4 hours to mow my yard with a push mower. it was a guy that my in-laws knew, and his wife kicked him out, so he stayed with them, and they put him up to doing all kinds of chores, lol.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
no way i could only have the push mower... when we first moved in, it took a crack head (who i believe to be) 3.5-4 hours to mow my yard with a push mower. it was a guy that my in-laws knew, and his wife kicked him out, so he stayed with them, and they put him up to doing all kinds of chores, lol.
I think that's called a slave. My back yard is like 120'x70' and flat, so it isn't too bad, and the front is pretty small. I've only had the house for like 2 years so I haven't quite lost the urge to do yard work.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my yard is like 600x100-150 depending on the treeline. got an awesome deal on my house (around 75% off tax value) came with some land, but the house was a fixer upper. wasn't as bad on the wife since she got to pick the shit out that needed to be fixed/updated, and i'm the one that had to do the fixing. i have no desire to ever do anymore painting, or crawling in a crawl space.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
shift into R for a Rocket
7,420 Posts
Honda Harmony II pretty sure

nice little push mower that lasts and lasts

·
shift into R for a Rocket
7,420 Posts
show-off thread for it in progress :shady:

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
honda has their own engines. Mower never bogs down even in some of the thick stuff in my yard. I had a husqvarna before the honda and that thing was a peice. It had a kholer engine.

Seriously I could rig up a seat on the back and let it pull me around the yard, If I have the speed up you have to be careful, it will pull you.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Murderator
23,094 Posts
Back yard is a deck over the water, front is driveway.
Fuck your mowers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts