1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month someone thought it would be cool to throw a rock at my hatch glass:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=455050

The glass has been replaced and tinted again but I have a scratch still:

I touched it up for now to keep it from rusting. The area around the scratch is slightly dented, like a door ding, so what should I do to fix it?

Here's the fun part for me - the insurance adjuster estimated that new tint and the dent repair (glass was separate) would cost $589. Reason the estimate was so high is that the adjuster wanted the shop to take off the tails, bumper, gas door, and some other stuff to remove the dented panel. Pop out the dent, repaint, reinstall everything.

New tint only cost me $35 so I'm left with $554 to fix a ridiculously small dent.

So should I get a professional shop bondo & paint the scratched/dented area, leaving me with some $400+ for mods?

or

Go with the expensive fix?

or

Leave it touched up and pocket all the cash?

·
Hi there
696 Posts
Around my area there are a bunch of paintless dent removal guys that drive around from dealer to dealer fixing dents/dings on cars that are on the lot. I would try to find a similar service around your area considering around here it doesnt run more than $60 to take out all the dings. Then just send your car to a recon place and have them touch up the paint and buff the hatch for 50-100$

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I'm thinking too. The dent is so small that its just silly to pay that much to fix it, plus I didn't want to take so many body panels off just to fix that.

Since the insurance company already cut my check, I'll have $400ish for some new mods once I fix the scratch.

I've already got an intake, reflash, and manifold gasket. I'd really like to get a race header but many people warn against it unless you have K-pro. I can live with the car not getting every ounce out of the RH. I know everyone says it will run lean, but what kind of reliablity issues might I be looking at? The car is my daily driver so I can't mess it up just yet! Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts