Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live at an elevation of 1100 feet. My car is an '02 RSX-S, and mods are in my sig.

My first question is what should my target lambda be in columns 8-10? I know I can change the values in options-settings-lambda overlay, but not sure what those values should be for medium and high load and at what engine load.

Second question is about MAP. PA is around 97-98 kPa. MAP at idle is around 27-28. Is There a target value for MAP at idle? Part of my reason for asking is that, at idle, if I push on the brake pedal, my MAP goes up 1.0-1.5, then goes down when I release the brake pedal. I am wondering if I have a vacuum leak or if this is normal.

Last question is, are any of you adding fuel to cylinder #3 and if so, what % ?

luvmyrsx

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,225 Posts
I live at an elevation of 1100 feet. My car is an '02 RSX-S, and mods are in my sig.

My first question is what should my target lambda be in columns 8-10? I know I can change the values in options-settings-lambda overlay, but not sure what those values should be for medium and high load and at what engine load.

Second question is about MAP. PA is around 97-98 kPa. MAP at idle is around 27-28. Is There a target value for MAP at idle? Part of my reason for asking is that, at idle, if I push on the brake pedal, my MAP goes up 1.0-1.5, then goes down when I release the brake pedal. I am wondering if I have a vacuum leak or if this is normal.

Last question is, are any of you adding fuel to cylinder #3 and if so, what % ?

luvmyrsx
1. Target lambda for low load is 14.7. High is 13.0 +/- 0.2 for N/A cars. If you use the same value for the high and low load (mbar) you can ignore medium load. People would use all three ranges for boosted applications. Low for columns 1-7, medium for columns 8-10 and high for boosted.
2. At idle, the 4 red squares on the datalog map should usually fall into columns 3 and 4 or 4 and 5, depending on the outside air pressure, elevation and idle speed. Mine use to be in 3 and 4 with an idle speed of 825, now with an idle speed of 950, it's usually 4 and 5. The power brakes on most cars work by using engine vacuum, I think that the condition of which you speak is normal.
3. Normally, adding fuel to individual cylinders is done when using individual throttle bodies. To be done correctly, you need to measure the exhaust gas temperatures at each exhaust port and adjust accordingly. This is normally not applicable in a set-up like yours (or mine).

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. I guess my question specifically would be what should my target values for columns 8, 9, and 10 be given my current mods? I will be adding a DC Shorty header soon, but staying with the stock exhaust until I can afford better pipes. And if my elevation affects those numbers. Should I be aiming for 13.5, 13.5, 13.2, or 13.2, 13.2, 12.5? Or whatever combination of those numbers?

In the Hondata seminars, they mention adding 3% fuel to cylinder number 3 to cool it down some because of the firing order. Just wondering if anyone is doing it?

luvmyrsx

·
9,225 Posts
I use 13.2 for all of columns 8, 9 and 10, My elevation is around 950 ft, shouldn't matter. Some people prefer 13.0 to give a bit of a cushion for changing conditions, wouldn't go much higher than 13.3.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
In the Hondata seminars, they mention adding 3% fuel to cylinder number 3 to cool it down some because of the firing order. Just wondering if anyone is doing it?
luvmyrsx
Low load is col. 1-7
Med load is col. 8-10
High load is col. 11+

NA is only considered to be medium load.

I wondered about the 3% also. The only person who gave me a reason for adding fuel to #3 was because their tuner said the RBC would run leaner in cyl. 3 so you need to compensate. Never heard of it to cool it down in relation to firing order though.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
I'm going to bump an old thread.

So I have RBC... should I be adding 3% fuel to cylinder 3?
Who did you get the information from that with the RBC intake manifold it'd somehow makes the 3rd cylinder run leaner?

:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I'm going to bump an old thread.

So I have RBC... should I be adding 3% fuel to cylinder 3?
Who did you get the information from that with the RBC intake manifold it'd somehow makes the 3rd cylinder run leaner?

:dontknow:
I added 3% fuel to cylinder 3 as it is what Shawn Church said to do, as it was characteristic of the rBC manifold. You can ask palmerblock to see if he has anything to say, add, or change about 3% to cylinder 3.

·
1,102 Posts
Adding 3% to cylinder 3 is news to me as well.
I add fuel to cylinder three as well.

Think about the firing order on every Honda.

1-3-4-2.

There is continuously combustion occurring around cylinder number three. That means heat, and lots of it. Adding fuel helps combat heat.

- Derek

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
I added 3% fuel to cylinder 3 as it is what Shawn Church said to do, as it was characteristic of the rBC manifold. You can ask palmerblock to see if he has anything to say, add, or change about 3% to cylinder 3.
Well.. I'll listen to Shawn Church so I added 3% fuel to my kal since I have an RBC as well.

Better be safe than sorry. :laughing:

·
GT30R > Traction
3,830 Posts
I add fuel to cylinder three as well.

Think about the firing order on every Honda.

1-3-4-2.

There is continuously combustion occurring around cylinder number three. That means heat, and lots of it. Adding fuel helps combat heat.

- Derek
this makes a lot of sense, anyone else have any imput?

·
9,225 Posts
actually there isn't continuous combustion around any cylinder, there can't be. I added 2% to both 2 and 3, don't have any empirical data to support whether it works or not, but it stands to reason that they must be the hotter 2 of the 4 cylinders as 1 and 4 only have an adjacent cylinder on one side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts