Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
One of the 1st 500+hp k's
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched and searched but i cant seen to find what size intercooler should i get for my rsx. i want something similar to the cybernation one, can anybody tell me the size?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
type-31....intercooler..... look at the hksusa site..... that's what u need.. the type-31 is the size that is good for the rsx..... :)

·
One of the 1st 500+hp k's
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep im doing a cross between cybernation and custom setup.

i found a spearco on ebay size was 26x8x3 i think that might do it

·
Bitch where's my Money!
844 Posts
when sizing a intercooler you have to be realistic for you needs...you should only get a intercooler that can efficiently chill enough cfm for what your end goal is. the larger the core the more of a pressure drop there will be resulting in less power. its all about moderation.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
k20a2_power said:
when sizing a intercooler you have to be realistic for you needs...you should only get a intercooler that can efficiently chill enough cfm for what your end goal is. the larger the core the more of a pressure drop there will be resulting in less power. its all about moderation.
yup, too small and you won't cool enough air, to big and you'll have more lag and you'll block airflow into your other cooling system(s)... find out what you need, if you need to cool more, use the NX ntercooler spray!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts